Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK 16-Year-Old Environmental Activist Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

This teen has accomplished the near impossible.
(45 can actually be nominated for a peace prize now since they are now nominating children with a twitter account. Come to think of it, maybe not toddlers though)

Sixteen-year-old environmental activist Greta Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize on Wednesday for her efforts to raise awareness about climate change in Sweden, HuffPost reports. “We have proposed Greta Thunberg because if we do nothing to halt climate change it will be the cause of wars, conflict and refugees,” Norwegian lawmaker Freddy André Øvstegård reportedly told a Norwegian news outlet. “Greta Thunberg has launched a mass movement which I see as a major contribution to peace.” Thunberg reportedly started her efforts after Sweden had the hottest summer on record. She created the #FridaysForFuture movement, encouraging young people to skip school on Fridays to march for action on environmental problems. She also reportedly spoke at the United Nations Climate Change Conference late last year and World Economic Forum in January. “Honoured and very grateful for this nomination,” the teen tweeted on Thursday.

Lukian 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I posted this as well. Everyone should be listening to this young lady.

I think it's worldwide. Out kids are smart and they are our future. We need to hear them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, should she win, Greta declines to accept her prize, stating that she's simply doing what needs to be done rather than anything that deserves to be rewarded.

What an absolute hero she is, though. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea at all if we just sacked all leaders right now and put her in charge of everything instead.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 14, 2019

her generation will not be kind to the previous ones now in power.

go girl

That’s nice ????

Does she wanna be president of a large western country? Naps can be accommodated if need be (currently from 8 am to 12 noon, but we're used to unconventional). Any previous occupant will just die when he sees you.

The nomination happened in May she didn't win. Still a great statement of values nominating her.

Trump must hate her SOOO much! She was also on the cover of a real Time Magazine earlier this year 🤣

MsAl Level 8 Sep 24, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:310531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.