Agnostic.com

10 17

Read a great quote today: " In a world where everyone wears a mask, it is a privilege to see a soul."

erixon 6 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, and so true!

In a world where women wear pants it's great to see a....nevermind.

Hence, my job is a privilege.

That's lovely. I think it's harder for people to drop their walls and remove the mask as it invites the possibility of being hurt. When you befriend someone and have that comfort level making it possible, it's such a marvelous feeling though, of letting them see who are you and having the privilege returned.

I wonder who the author was speaking of, was there one person who let him (or her) see who they truly are. I never liked playing games and never felt as some do 'if you get to close to someone they can fuck you over'. Just enjoy being who you are.

I don't do masks

Being a nudist has no masks. Just acceptance of all

nudism is just superficial and reveals noting but the exterior of a person.

That can't be true, you definitely need to be a different type of person to be completely at ease to bear all. To not judge and fell you are also not judged, must be very liberating. Hat's off to them (but only my hat!).

@jlynn37 I have to think...to 'see' a soul, is something beyond the visible...?

Yes, this!!

fuck yes that sums most humans up in there little bubble

That is a damn good quote.

everyone doesn't but most people do

Gibran : The Madman.

HOW I BECAME A MADMAN
You ask me how I became a madman. It happened thus:
One day, long before many gods were born, I woke from a deep sleep and found all my masks were stolen
the seven masks I have fashioned and worn in seven lives
I ran maskless through the crowded streets shouting, "Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves."
Men and women laughed at me and some ran to their houses in fear of me.
And when I reached the market place, a youth standing on a house-top cried,
"He is a madman." I looked up to behold him; the sun kissed my own naked face for the first time.
For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun,
and I wanted my masks no more.
And as if in a trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks."
Thus I became a madman.
And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness;
the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood,
for those who understand us enslave something in us.
But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief.

@Rugglesby please do us poor Android app users a favour and format this with [poem ] before and [/poem] after. After the first 50 or so characters it scrolls off screen right!

@FrayedBear you can Google (search) for "Gibran : The Madman." and read it.

@jlynn37 Thank you. I could walk next door into my study and probably find it in one of the books on the shelf. I won't. Let's face it, if it's too much trouble to scroll right on my screen does anyone really think that I'll get up and physically find it or Google up a more readable version? Lol you are thinking in biblical proportions for a LMAO miracle.

@FrayedBear yeah, it did that to me as well just on the laptop, I had no idea why, will look into it, thanks.

@FrayedBear I tried the poem format, on mine made font real small, so I reformatted it in a text only app, seems a bit better, I did a cut and paste originally, may have been some formatting I didn't understand in that, hope it is fine now.

@Rugglesby looks ok on Android now. And that is the app. Cheers.

@Rugglesby I've also had problems. Had one earlier today where i was supposedly using #### to make smaller and it went up and down like a fiddler's elbow ... or was that something else I'm thinking of. Didn't work that time still wip.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.