Agnostic.com

2 0

Wide awake at 4:08

So I’ve been awake since 3:33...anyone else out there fighting insomnia?

Namaste 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have trouble occasionally falling asleep, and if that's late, and work demands I get up by a certain time, I can suffer from insufficient sleep ... but will be exhausted enough the next night to fall asleep without difficulty. This very minor annoyance is the closest I come to insomnia apart from the immediate shock of some major negative life event, like the death of a family member.

By contrast, my wife feels like running a victory lap if she gets in 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at any time of the day or night. In fact come to think of it all 3 of my wives had some form of dysfunction around sleep, at least a significant amount of the time.

So I have as much sympathy as a non-insomniac can have. I'm used to that helpless feeling of not being able to do anything to help beyond supporting basic sleep hygiene.

there is a whole group here about this. i wake off and on through the night , i just accept it

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:311600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.