Agnostic.com

4 1

Have you been religious but become an agnostic or atheist? How has your transition affected your relationships? What are you looking for in a relationship now?

jovialskeptic 2 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I became an athiest 2 weeks and it's great. It will probably affect them when I tell that I don't in god or religious bs. I'm looking for atheist of either gender and try to find things in common.

I believed very hard core when younger because i listened and took what they told me to heart! Then i wanted the whole god is speaking to me or working through me and i was left all alone to do the bullshit myself cause (he) or (it) or well nothing was giving me anything that didnt come from myself or originated inside my own body and mind! If all of the good things that happen are (its) doing then it all is even the fucked up shit that happens to people that i give to chance or odds!! I have respect for christians because my whole damn family are believers in the invisible, silent fucking IDEA in humans brains, they need to ask questions and they will see themselves!! Fools!!

I was born into religion. From the time of a baby I just never questioned it. Then at twenty I realized religion was phony. But it took me about ten years to finally realize it didn't makes sense. I now don't beleive in religion at all. It's all fake. It's to male. And women are stupid to beleive in it. Also, I can't understand why black people are so wrapped up in a religion that kept them as slaves and didn't let even come in to a white church , ever.

I was religious as a child. Raised in the deep south and part of a huge, Jesus-loving family, it wasn't until I was a teenager that I finally found my own path. Exploring my sexuality and finding it was essentially dooming me to hell anyway also opened my eyes to how dreadful what I was being taught was.

It only affected my relationships with my extended family. My parents, particularly my mom, understood.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31234
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.