Agnostic.com

11 0

I've never lived in Las Vegas, but my son lived there three years. We visited him twice a year. There are some good things about it, but I would not want to live there. It is all glitz and the depth of a wading pool as far as I am concerned. You must know that my favorite place to be/visit is some place natural. Vegas isn't that. What do you think?

tioteo 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never been to Vegas but I have been to Reno and I found it ok.

I'm not from Vegas, I am from Reno, but we have the same reputations. When people think of our cities, they think about gambling, drugs, and prostitution; however, there are a ton of really fun things in Nevada when you venture outside of the cities. You just have to look. Most locals don't like being associated with the city life and avoid it if possible.

I like Las Vegas. I've always enjoyed myself whenever I've been there.

I agree. Have never been to Vegas and have never wanted to. There is nothing beautiful or natural about the city.

Don't speak for something you don't know.

If you've never been there, you cannot reasonably make that claim. I found a good amount of beauty there. Including a lot of natural beauty in the surrounding area. I also found the fountains at the Bellagio particularly beautiful.

I'm too prone to gambling addiction that I'm certain living there would cause me nothing but trouble

I actually stopped gambling when I moved here.

I'd quite to visit it because, as someone born and raised in rural Britain, I don't really believe it exists.

I'm not that sure about the rest of the USA either, if I'm honest.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

We're a huge country with diverse topography and people as well. If you ever decide to try a trip, I will tell you of my experiences in different places and maybe you can use that as a bit of a guide.

@tioteo I plan to, one day - there are several parts I'd love to see including the Grand Canyon, the Arizona Meteor Crater, Niagara Falls, the Flatiron, the Chrysler Building, the Great Lakes and many more.

I agree to a certain degree. I live in Henderson, that meets the southern border of Vegas. Anywhere on or near the strip is glitzy. But when you start moving away from the strip, it's a bit more normal, however, there are many fake or shallow people here. As far as nature...look in any direction and there are mountains or hills. Mt Charleston is only 25 miles from Vegas and couldn't be any different, there's Red Rock canyon that is huge and beautiful. There is Lake Mead Recreation area. Plus a couple nature reserves within the city. I think it is what you make it.

I'm very familiar with Henderson. My son actually lived there, not in Vegas proper. I do like Mt. Charleston and Red Rock Canyon. I didn't totally dislike the area, but I still don't think I want to live there--I could, but don't think I'd want to.

I have been there many times for work, but I don't like it. Almost every time I have been there, somebody has tried to scam me. There are some nice places to eat, but otherwise nothing I like that I can't get at home.

I would like to spend some time at Valley of Fire State Park.

I lived in Vegas for almost 40 years. It's a great place if you have money.
If you're a single man, don't move to Vegas. There are too few single women. If prostitution is your idea of a sex life, then Vegas is the place for you.
All the glitz is for the tourists, the real town is much different.
Vegas is very much a right-wing Republican town.
Don't move to Vegas unless you are pretty tough and disciplined. Vegas will teach you to become self-sufficiant very quick, or else it will kill you. There are infinite ways to get into trouble in Vegas.

Try living in L.A.

I have no desire what-so-ever to even go there and even avoided it once while I was traveling.

I've often wondered what the archaeologists of the distant future (who will probably be highly-evolved rats) will make of the Las Vegas Strip when they excavate it. Medieval palaces, Roman temples, Egyptian pyramids and who knows what else all in once place - WTF!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.