Agnostic.com

69 19

What's something that has never (or will never) changed about you?

I continue to change and evolve. In many ways, I'm different than I was ten years ago.

But, I do consistently get lost in my thoughts and I have a love for making stories and creating new things. I doubt that will ever change. My life would be dull if I didn't have 100 questions running through my brain at all times. These things have been true about me since I was a small child.

What stays the same for you?

silvereyes 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My propensity for flipping people off and dropping F bombs.

And my eyes are gonna stay brown

I wish mine had stayed brown. They turned hazel (which I like just fine) when I was about 30 or so.

It is very loud inside my own skull. I don't know how to explain it better than that. It is also the source of my lifelong insomnia.

It's also why I like weed.

I love to learn new skills. I am happiest when I'm struggling. When I get too good at a new hobby, I tend to want become a beginner again and take up another.

My favorite things are like motocross or even sailing. They are so difficult to truly master that learning and improving will never end in my lifetime.

I will never stop being a weird geek

I'll never stop caring about other people..I too have my own stories.

Curiosity.

Barring some sort of emergency or brain damage,

• love of 🍕
  • vegetarian diet
  • introspective introvert
  • negative atheism
  • classically liberal centrism

@silvereyes I'll have to remember to set you up next time. 😉

@silvereyes There ya go! I just remembered I could edit my comment. 😉

How do you define "liberal centrism"? As a non US person, the definition of Centralism is very different in the cultures I have lived in. To be honest, the Right in the US - the Republicans - seem eccentric to the point of bizarreness - the meek and mild Jesus seems to have been replaced by a "Kick Ass Jesus' who doesn't like Gays, Jews, anti Gun owners, Africans and Non White minorities....

@Eltopoman Well, if you figure middle of the road politically, and lean a little to the left of that, with a focus on open exchange of ideas, that's kind of what I mean by classical liberal centrism. I'm definitely liberal on many issues, but not to an extreme. I'm not on board with the fringe left and their identity politics.

The person that I am. It took 79 years to develop this person and I sure am not going to change himnow!

I've never changed my opinion that there is good in most people, even though that opinion is challenged every day. It is getting harder and harder to keep it.

Probably my sarcastic sense of humor.

Long hair it's not been shorter than shoulder length for 20 years

@TjallTjallOUTLK that's the reason I have had it long since i was 12 my dad went bald in his early thirties and my long hair just winds him up lol

@TjallTjallOUTLK oh there was that as well but I just always told him he was jealous lol

I had long hair until it got snagged in the alternator, that changed my attitude real quick.

Being a smartass. Especially the second half of that word. The first half, not so much.

Oh, yeah, That too!

My opinion that logic is representative of reality.

I see people writing these inspirational things here. All heart felt I'm sure. Such as their values, the person they are, their helpfulness.

I'm not sure what will never change for me. I'm not so attached to anything that I'd never change my position if given the proper reasoning. I can't even really say that it's my drive to change and become better that will always remain the same. I guess for me it will be that I will always be human. At least while I'm still alive. After that I'll probably be fertilizer.

My love of learning.

My sense of humor will never go away. I've tried. But it just sticks with me like a flea to a dog.

Of course my sense of humor has evolved. My favorite humor is what I call the 'I dont't get it' humor. That is humor where you will have a few who just don't get it.

I am that person who "just wouldn't get it" until I do. Then I'll laugh more than you expected. I laugh very easily -- and genuinely.

That was my twisted sense of humor. My sense of humor is not going anywhere if I can help it. @silvereyes

@BlueWave I think it’s good to laugh. It’s even better to make people laugh when you can. I tend to find the humor where some don’t get it fun, because those that didn’t get it will, eventually and they will be the ones who tell that joke to someone else later.

I love a challenge.
I love the outdoors.
I love reading.
I'm pretty progressive.
My kids are more important to me than anything.

I'm sure there's more, but a lot more has changed than won't.

JimG Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

I'm consistently inconsistant and I like the inside of my head too. My favorite place.

My fire. The love for my

@silvereyes yes the fire that burns in us all the passion, the Pride, the unending flame that lights our very being.

Probably a love of film which I can now share with my daughter so even that's evolved. I don't think we ever truly stay the same, one reason why I never bothered getting any tats even though my mates are covered! Knowing me I'd get sick of it. But I could even change my mind on that...

My insatiable curiosity. I'm always striving to learn.

I was that questioning little shit as a tot....now I am that questioning big shit as an adult...so...'shit' is the answer...yep...put that on a t-shirt.

I am never persuaded by peer pressure. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it isn't a dumb thing to do 😀.

what I'm lacking in height, I make up for by being slow.

Honesty, the fact I talk too loudly, and my video game playing(though I've cut back a bit). In my 30s and people describe me as youthful. Which I guess is immature but in a good way? Oh and my dry sense of humor.

And my love of chicken, pizza, and singing badly in the car

My ability to change and adapt.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.