Agnostic.com

8 2

Psilocybin, beneficial or not?

What's your opinion on Psilocybin or magic mushrooms in the use of treating depression, PTSD, and helping to reset the brain?

MattTeter1 4 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have used them over many years,they open or connect pathway in your brain more color and sound you feel it all, brings a richness to things..

I've had the shrooms a few times. I didn't like the body rushes, muscles tensing up. Visuals were fine and easy, no scary images and no mind reset.
Psilocybin is legal in Jamaica and there are resorts there (and in other places) that offer a full week of tripping on it under their guidance with specific doses...not cheap...like $3800 for 7 days all inclusive. Based on my cursory glance these programs appears to be very popular.

cava Level 7 Mar 21, 2019

I would urge you all to be careful and not to treat a serious medical condition with an unknown quantity of a drug.

I'm actually just a stoner all I do is smoke pot but I have tried psilocybin for depression and it does work if you can stand getting through the 10 hours of having your brain screwed on backwards

awesome!!

Haven’t tried it myself but recently read Pollan’s “How to Change Your Mind” and sounds to me like it would be good to continue research.

skado Level 9 Mar 19, 2019

Yes. Lots of medical research has already shown how beneficial shrooms are. Ketamine nasal spray was just released for treatment of severe depression. I believe psilocybin is not far behind in legalization. I love it.

I don't really have an opinion either way due to not possessing expert knowledge of the subject. However, a significant number of people who do seem to think there may at least be enough evidence that psilocybin might be beneficial in treating the conditions you list to suggest it's worthy of further study.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 19, 2019

I want to live in your pictures. Best drug for me ever

@Amisja I had to take a look at the pics. I love them! It would be nice to see some of those posted in the visual arts group. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:314011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.