Agnostic.com

19 8

Hello, this is my first post! I signed up a couple of days ago, still looking around to see what's what here, still learning (then again, I'm ALWAYS learning!). This place certainly appears unique - part community, part dating site (sort of?).

Anyway, I filled out my profile a bit today. I think I have a ways to go. In short, I'm in my late 40's, a single father of two teen girls (who live with their mother but I have a great relationship with them). I'm going to be honest in my cluelessness and admit that I don't know what I'm looking for. Actually, let me put it this way - I'm not looking for anything more than simply acquaintencies. I'm here to make conversation. If that works out, perhaps I will have made a friend. If I've made a friend, then who knows. I'm not the type to get on a site and say that I'm there for a mate, or a girlfriend, or a wife, or whatever. I'm not opposed to any of those things... but if they don't start as simply being friends, then in my opinion it's doomed to fail. How do I know? I was in a 20 year marriage to someone who became more and more of a stranger as months went by. My daughters' mother and I are still on very good terms, we just know that we are simply not compatible.
And it's ok to admit that that's ok. People drift; it happens.

We are all very complex creatures, so I'm not confined to the character traits that I've shown in those little "about me" boxes. I'm a musician, an artist, a writer... lots of things. I'm friendly, kind, compassionate, passionate... again, lots of things. I've had a long, strange trip with serious, debilitating health issues that left me bitter and depressed for a very long time, and I am working daily on a personal journey that takes me far, far away from the person I used to be when I was not very pleasant to be around. I want to be far away from that man, but I always want him near so that I can see exactly where I've been and where I'm going on a personal level.

So, I'm at the doorway to a new, wide open expanse that I'm calling the second-half of my life. If you've read this far, I greatly appreciate it. Feel free to say hi!

Key23 5 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome to the site. When I first got onto the site, I did not know that it had a dating aspect. I am not looking for any type of dating or other types of relationships like that. I got onto the site to make contact with other agnostics so that I can have others that I can "talk" with.

I will, 'Hi' 🙂

Welcome - you're not a virgin anymore. Play nice.

Welcome and good luck with your journey.

The "Dating Site" part is a news bulletin to me, but then I don't need that, married to the same guy for over 30 years. I'm also kind of oblivious to such nuances. I signed on expecting free exchange of ideas, and have found that to be true. The questions have been extremely varied and interesting, so it's a good fit so far from my perspective. Blessings to you in your journey!

Great introspection...I am the person that is always saying that, 'ever so often we must reinvent ourselves!' Sometimes, it is because of relationship breakup, sometimes, job loss, sometimes, a death and sometimes, an illness! These new developing ways are sometimes difficult and sometimes fun and if you play your cards, just right...always enlightening! So welcome and best of luck, in all that you may be doing.

Welcome. You're gonna love it here.

Hi. I love your story.

I'm not looking for a mate either. I thought this was just another dating site then I finally looked at it. It's a community of like minded individuals.

Hello and welcome.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

Hello and welcome! I’m pretty new as well.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay!

Great introduction. I love when people express themselves so openly right off, as it gives a pretty clear indicator of the type of person they'll be in and around the community. If you're looking for friends of a like mind, you've come to the right place. You sound like a pretty awesome guy and I hope you find what you're looking for on here.

Welcome!

Don't be afraid to read, react, post. Might as well make yourself welcome, which you are anyway.

Hi.

Welcome and step right in. Look around. If you want to find out what people are talking abvout, go to Discuss. We are a very opinionated and curious bunch. Don't forget to read people's Profiles. Contact them directly. Truly, there is so much to learn and discover and do, you will probably not have any time to fix supper or walk the dog ( if you have one)

This is a great community to get your second-half started with. Participate, learn, share, enjoy and welcome. I wish you well and success in finding what you are searching for here and in your life.

Hello and welcome.

Welcome!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.