Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK In Texas, a Quiet Effort to Protect 'Conversion Therapy' Is Underway - Rewire.News

Even though this "therapy" has been firmly debunked by the national psychological community, Christian lawmakers and therapists still want to enforce their religious interpretation of reality.

Elganned 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They really need to enter the 21st century in the age of information and evolve. That's the problem with conservative/religious/traditional people though. Their very being and beliefs are the antithesis to evolving and progressing. While other people learn, they don't.

There is no evidence that a person's sexual orientation can ever be changed. It is possible to repress sexual desires, but it almost always results in the development of some sort of neurosis. The evidence is that sexual orientation is genetic in origin. Ong term ten year follow up studies on so called "successes of" of conversion therapy show that less than 1% did not revert back to a same sex origination However, in some studies, they also found that suicides of so called successes were as high as 3%, which is extraordinarily high relative to the general population.

I believe there's an ongoing competition between Texas and Florida for the dubious title of Most Fucked Up State in the Union. I'm not sure who's ahead but they're both giving it their all.

Sounds like some crude form of brain washing. I was unaware of this bizarreness before your posted article.

I'm not really family with conversion therapy but my opinion is this. If someone really wants to convert and change themselves then it's their choice however i don't believe in manipulating and trying to force someone into conversion therapy or even trying to shame them into it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:314994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.