Agnostic.com

31 2

What do you do when religious people knock?

Every spring the 7th day adventists knock on our door wanting to convert us (they have literature for us to read and a foot in the door). And every spring I turn them away with a simple comment "we're atheists." What do you do when religious people knock on your door?

GuitarDoctor 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they showed up, I would pop a beer and offer them one, then the battle would start.

Trod Level 5 Apr 21, 2019

Generally I ignore them and don't answer. Would have answered the door naked once but didn't realize thats who they were til they were walking away as I cannot see the front door from my window.... would have been great except I'm pretty sure it would have seriously freaked out the dude I just got done fucking lol... especially since the guy was from Japan and I was the first american household he had ever been in that wasn't his bosses house. I had a very nervous naked japanese dude I had to explain Jahovas witnesses to tho... they knocked on my door just as we were grabbing our clothes and I think it freaked him out a bit so I had to explain who they were and why they just show up randomly

Invite them to a swingers party.

zesty Level 7 Apr 6, 2019

If they’re Mormans, after you tell them you’re not interested, they are supposed to ask if there is anything else you would want them to do— ask them to clean your windows, paint the garage, or anything else and they should do it for you.

Coincidentally, a few days after this original post went up, my doorbell rang, and, as usual, I ignored it. The next day I checked my front porch and there was a flyer stuck in the door... from the Jehovah's Witnesses, inviting me to a commemoration of the death of Christ. As an agnostic introvert, I can't think of anything I'd rather do, but I have to rotate my tires that day, so I won't be able to make it.

The strange thing is that's the first time I've ever had one come to my door and I've lived here for 20 years.

Just say no thank you. Don’t stop again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:315632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.