Agnostic.com

24 5

Anyone enjoy listening to podcasts?

Which podcasts do you enjoy and recommend?

LilAtheistLady 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sam Harris is my favorite. Which ones do you listen to?

Trod Level 5 Nov 22, 2018

Thank you for this post.
It has been by far the most entertaining I have found here. I have picked up a number of new favorite podcasts from other commentors. Glad to find so many of us laughing together at the same things. And, damn, we are a pretty intellectual bunch too, aren't we?

Yes! Mostly NPR though.

Aside from all the atheist podcasts that others have mentioned, I also enjoy:
Do the right thing (a hilarious British game show)
Don't Close Your Eyes (live radio theater)
TED radio hour
Radiolab
This American Life
Levar Burton Reads
The Beef & Dairy Network (more British comedy)
Harry Potter and the Sacred Text

British humor lol I gotta check that one out.

Do The Right Thing is hysterical. Wrong in all the right ways.

I checked out Beef and Dairy Network. One of the funniest podcasts going. I have now listened to all of them. Anxiously awaiting the next episode. The "Roy Gluck Jr." episode nearly brought me to tears. Even the ads are funny. Slash Beef... Slash Beef... slashbeef. Heeheeheeheeheeeee...

@Amazonreign The first time I heard the Beef and Dairy Network, I was unaware that it was a comedy podcast, so for the first few minutes, I was like, "What the hell?" I felt a bit naive when I discovered it was all a spoof.

My week is not complete without listening to Skeptics' Guide to the Universe and Dogma Debate...

I just recently started listening to The Future of What which is a music industry podcast - if you're into that sort of thing (I am).

I listen to quite a few. I like The Infinite Monkey Cage, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Skeptiod, just to name a few. There are a lot more in my player, but those are my favorites.

I really like “Freethought Radio”. It’s always interesting. I’m now getting into “Now What? with Arian Foster”. “NPR Politics” is also good.

Yes, I do. 🙂

I love the Thinking Atheist podcast as well as the Mythicist Milwaukee podcast.

Waking Up with Sam Harris is interesting

I really like paranormal ones surrounding myths, legends, and conspiracy theories. My personal favorites are Unpopular Culture and Spaced Out Radio.

Have you listened to Lore?

Indeed! Sam Harris ‘Waking Up’ podcast. Google it. Very smart conversations with interesting people.

I'm beginning to like them and seeking them out more and more. Going to have to check some of these out!

Marc Maron's WTF, Alec Baldwin's Here's the Thing.

Check out Radiolab. You won't be sorry.

I love Radiolab! 🙂

I have just recently started listening to some. Slow Burn was very good, about Watergate. Check it out

This one sounds interesting. Thanks!

I do when I'm commuting. I like "The Non-Prophets" and "The Atheist Experience". I also listen to Freethought Radio.

The Scathing Atheist, Citation Needed, The Skepticrat, God Awful Movies, How to Heretic, Cognitive Dissonance, How Did This Get Made, Savage Lovecast, Stuff You Missed In History Class, Street Epistemology, Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4
These are a good start. WARNING several of these ( the first eight) are NSFW, wear your headphones and don't tell Grandma.

Hahaha!

This American Life, Fresh Air, Savage Love, Invisibilia  are all excellent and diversity of topics.

Love This American Life, Fresh Air. Didn't realize Savage was still doin' his show. I used to listen to him on the radio in the 90s. Love him.

The Thinking Atheist, Dogma Debate, Hidden Brain, Stuff You Should Know, Waiting for Wrath, The Dollop, Thank God Im Atheist, The Atheist in The Trailer Park, Cognative Dissonance, The Way I heard it (Mike Rowe), Atheist Republic Voice mails, Happier.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time traveling. I subscribe to more, but these are my usual ones.

I once followed ‘Stuff You Should Know’ … and miss it.. But had become so irritated by those guys stupid banter & time-wasting, I’ve refused to listen again. Just my gripe, otherwise, these (not just your) lists are amazing!

The F Plus, The Dollop, No Such Thing As A Fish, System/Movie Mastery, Expounded Universe. Probably others that I'm forgetting.

StarTalk with Neil Degrasse Tyson

Marz Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

The remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" scared the heck out of me so I will never get around anything with the word "pod" in it.

It’s good you weren’t around when Orson Welles read War Of The Worlds on the radio 😉 Don’t give up on podcasts - they’re fast becoming the best current source of info ~

SO gonna' look for this one!

You know, I haven’t gotten into those. Idk why. I like books on tape, and when I’m watching videos, I am usually doing something with my hands.

Most seem to be accessing them through their ‘phone,’ using earbuds, while commuting. With a ‘dumb phone,’ I’ll use my laptop, turn off the screen ..and sometimes flip it up so the speakers are louder. I’ll do the same with ‘audio books’ online, often using headphones.. Having just bought an Ipod 6, mainly to use for podcasts, I’ll soon enter the earbud realm 🙂

Oh try them! There are so many interesting ones to listen to. Can be addictive. I listened to "Atlanta Monster", though irritating in that there are those who still question Wayne William's guilt.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.