Agnostic.com

57 7

What is your most useless talent?

I think mine is asking questions. lol. : P

silvereyes 8 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can read my own mind

I can too, but sometimes it creeps me the f <($ out.

I don't mean my own, 😉

I tried reading my mind once, but I kept drawing a blank. 🙂

@SACatWalker I think you have my mind mistaken with yours

I can speak like Ernie from Sesame Street. I do a great "Hey Burt!".

My favorite when I was a kid was doing his, "He-e-e-ere fishy, fishy, fishy!" call. 🙂

@silvereyes Shh… the EPA doesn't know about that. 😉

Sleeping. I’m a genius at it!

skado Level 9 Mar 3, 2018

That's far from useless, though 😛

@Neraven For me, but I've had little success at getting paid for it. 🙂

Being able to sing the entirety of Tom Lehrers element song. I count that as a useless talent because now the song only makes up about 2/3rds of the actual known elements 😛

Juggling 3 tennis balls.

I can vote.

I can do the Baby Freeze (it's a breakdancing move) it's yet to come in handy.

Full blown conversations with myself. Don't know if it's a talent but I do like that it creeps out my boss.

@silvereyes only when I need an answer to a question I'm working on.

I can recite a list of English prepositions in alphabetical order. It isn't a complete list, but mostly. My 7th grade english teacher made us memorize them and now they are stuck there.

@SACatWalker charlie brown?

@MrLizard You're right, thank you. I fell back on my earlier mind washing to not appear to smart. That and I haven't seen CB in two or more years.

@SACatWalker Charlie Brown's teacher for sure!!

We had to learn them also! I've forgotten the list alphabetically though. 😟

I can stick out my shoulder blades so they look like little wings.

I’m a trivia buff, I know lots of trivia especially about music and movies.

My mind is like a never ending file of useless trivia of all sorts. We used to play Trivial Pursuit and at least once a game I'd get asked how I knew something. Must have been something I read and it just stuck in a synapse until I needed it. Important stuff, not so much.

@HippieChick58 my mind is always a bunch of Trivia Pursuit!

Gymnastics

I used to do flips, cartwheels, stand on my head, walk on my hands...

I never really worked much with the rings or the horse.

Like @RobCampbell, I have a talent for pissing people off. But since I see that as quite useful when paired with the English sense of sarcasm I've inherited, that's not my answer.

Probably my most useless talent is being able to remember random trivia I hear in passing. It's led to such gems as my knowing the comparative prices of Colgate and Aquafresh in Tesco, which countries produce the most olive oil, and most of the dialogue of the Lord of the Rings.

Hey! Remembering a movie so well you can completely or nearly recite it is awesome! I would say that's less useless than the other two for sure (x

@Neraven Somehow, yelling Theoden's speech at the Pelennor Fields then extolling the quantity of Italy and Spain's olive oil is not a situation that's ever occurred.

Useless, yet (sometimes) entertaining:

• wiggle ears, even one at a time
  • identify unintended double entendres with ease
  • have the perfect comeback 30 minutes late

30 minutes only? i can top that 10fold!

I can predict the past

I can bend my fingers backwards.

Cool one of my boys can turn one of his legs backwards and like you is hypermobile

@Wynter75 have you considered having him tested for EDS?

@SACatWalker I can post pictures 😛

Ta daaaa

@LadyAlyxandrea he has brittle bone disease which comes with other things such as hypermobile joints and double jointedness

@Wynter75 oh I'm sorry to hear that. On the plus side the famous viking king Ivar the Boneless also had it and managed to be one of the most successful vikings ever so there's hope!

@LadyAlyxandrea kool

A fondness for minutia.

I can't think of one lol that's bad.

@silvereyes that's a very good probability my dear a good observation as well.

Using my turn signal when switching lanes. Nobody ever seems to use it around here.

never saw you around where i live 😀

I can insult almost anyone without even trying, and I can write backwards.

JimG Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

Me too! 🙂 Are you right or left handed?

I can vote.

He can vote twice.@SACatWalker

@ScientistV
I tried to delete one but couldn't. The first time I hit the post button I thought it didn't work.

It’s ok, I was making a political joke is all. @Reignmond

I can make duck noises really well, but I don’t hunt or live near mallards currently.

I can recite pi to 20 decimal places - which means that IF the Earth were a perfect sphere, and IF I knew it's diameter exactly, I would be able to calculate the circumference to one trillionth of an inch.

I'm pretty good at filling in coloring books.

Definitely not useless, colouring is a good outlet for stress and creativity (:

sure, until you get outside the lines and all hell breaks loose.

just trying to help. enjoy.

spinning on the spot endlessly without getting dizzy.

That's incredibly impressive. Seriously.

nonono, @silvereyes, I (!) have to do the spinning 😀

thanks, @BlueWave, but not useful 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31860
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.