Agnostic.com

7 9

LINK The 12 worst ideas religion has unleashed on the world | Salon.com

This mostly apply to the Abrahamic religions but it mentions Hinduism and Buddhism too.

altschmerz 9 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Great article. I'm sure if that was shown to pious churchgoers on a sunday they would be shocked but totally dismiss it as historical nonsense

Great list. They definitely hit on the big issues.

Good read. Thanks for posting.

The historical record of most religions is pretty awful. I think most religious people are inclined to dismiss it as in the distant past or only practiced today in isolated and primitive enclaves, but the reality is that all those excesses still live on in religious conflicts today -- Jews vs. Arabs, Catholics vs. Protestants, Sunni vs, Shiite, Buddhists vs. Muslims, etc., along with the other abuses against women and children that go along with power imbalances.

I'd like to believe that some time in the future our descendants will look back in wonder at the superstitious claptrap that caused so much harm in the world. But it's not really looking too good at the moment.

excellent list!

That is one of the best articles I've ever read on the evils of religion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:318914
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.