Agnostic.com

4 2

­­­

Just because we have different religious beliefs doesn't mean we should push each other away. You're never gonna find someone who you 100% agree with on every single thing.

Liviu 4 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree on the face of it... I don't care so much that somebody was raised in a religion that they 'believe' but don't really follow. I don't think I couldn't date any devout bible thumpers though. But, the bottom line is that most "Christians" think that atheists are bad people and that atheists can never actually LOVE becuase love is a thing specifcally reserved for those who believe in Jesus. I'm serious, it's more of an issue for me that their family/friends in their religious circle will never accept me because of my non-belief.

It's funny, isn't it? When they claim to be a christian but then you show them a passage in bible that says something crazy and outrageous then they cherry pick.

You're from america... no surprise. Seems like america has a really narrow minded religious view, unfortunately. What can you do... it's not your fault if they are narrow minded. Their fault, not yours. They should be more understanding and try to communicate rather than make you feel in such a bad way.

Sorry, but believing in any religion is a no-no for me. Plenty of other REAL things to disagree about..

so if you met a man who was perfect in every single way... you would reject him simply if he had one single thing which was different to your beliefs? Just because he was religious and you're not?

I couldn't get together with a religious woman. Religious friends are a different matter, as long as they show some respect for my beliefs and don't try shoving theirs down my throat.

@WizardBill I guess after spending a few hours on this site... religion IS a huge deal for americans. It seems like such a waste... you people segregate yourselves on such a silly topic.

@Liviu Visit America sometime, somewhere in the southeast. It is a big deal because evangelicals don't keep their religion to themselves. They try to force it on you. They force it on their kids. They try to inject it into government.

@Liviu But he wouldn't be "perfect in every way" if he was religious, would he? So yes he would be rejected. Next!

@GoldenDoll I obviously meant perfect in every way except religious view and that seems very picky and narrow minded. Not very understanding or loyal. I mean with an attitude like that... let's say for example you are a 20 year old who meets your perfect match. But then one day when you both are 25, he loses his job, he goes through a rough time, he is misguided and needs support and start being religious.

Judging by your comment alone, I want to ask... are you gonna take the same attitude and say ''oop no perfect in every way anymore, NEXT''.

If yes, that means you are not loyal, supportive or understanding. And if you think you will ever meet a man who is 100% perfect then guess what... you won't. And you're not perfect either, you have plenty of flaws, we all do, but that's ok because we can be understanding and open.

I've read an article saying how women are very picky. Does this apply to you? How would you react?

What if this happened to you? How would you feel if you were abandoned by your partner, family and friends if you were going through a rough time? What if you had a political view that was different to people around you? Would you think it's OK for everyone to instantly reject you without giving you a chance? Heck, you're an atheist so you should already be familiar with that situation. It sounds like you are being as narrow minded as american religious fanatics. You can't just say ''next'' as if it's an object at a store, men are not objects, we are people.

@Liviu Your original question was if you MET someone who was religious - not if someone you were in a relationship BECAME religious. If that were to happen, I'd get them all the mental health help they needed. And ypu need to calm down. NEXT!

One day, religion will be a thing of the past, and we will all get along.

I totally agree that religion will become only a part of history... even wars. Now you have a different type of war... economic war (look at brexit for example), wars aren't really fought with guns anymore, at least not in europe.

I'm not so sure on the part that we will get along... the world has become more and more diverse, and with diversity we have more and more reasons to differentiate between ourselves. I'd say we've become a lot more solitary than we used to be. And with technology... we will have droids, apps, computers to fill our surroundings, rather than people... you go to mcdonalds and you use a touchscreen. Pick up your food and go... no risk of having conversations with the clerk. You call customer service and they automize the conversation as much as possible... go online to pay your bills, no more having to wait in line with people and give money to a person...

@Fanburger I guess not

I agree what you say. Just one question are you in bed on your profile pic for a reason?

Yes, because I just woke up at the time, haha.

@doglvr1882 It was a joke!

If you arrange to meet up then I would expect that person to turn up on time or have the respect to let you know why they are late that is infuriating to be honest.

@doglvr1882 Why are you being petty

@Tiffanny I am really confused... what are you talking about? What do arrangements and turning up on time have to do with anything? lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.