Agnostic.com

5 6

Cheer up, Democrats: The Mueller report is good news

[msn.com]mueller-report-is-good-news/ar-BBVhOHL?li=BBnb7Kz

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mueller did a number of smart things; he took his time and only charged those he had dead to rights. That we could still see mountains of misconduct come to light is quite possible. Any thoughts the GOP has of investigating him, the FBI or DOJ are fantasies that will prove as futile as the Benghazi hearings.

As Hair Furor was trumpeting about "TOTAL EXONERATION," the cold fact is that the verdict on him was little is any better than "not proven." That was a verdict once recognized in Scottish courts, and roughly meant "you got lucky, don't do it again."

Well he has six more investigations to go.

I'm not a Democrat but I was really hoping they could get him on an espionage charge or conspiracy to commit espionage. Same with his sons and twit in law. I am not upset oh, the only thing that would really upset me is if the aforementioned people never see the inside of a jail cell.

I agree. The Mueller Report turned out exactly as I predicted there was plenty of contacts between the Trump campaign and various Russians, but Putin is way to smart to do anything that would directly implicate the Russian government. It was obvious Trump did and said a lot of things to try and subvert the Mueller Probe but it would be a hard case to try and bring it to the level of criminal intent. Hopefully the Dems will put up a solid likable candidate and have a good consistent platform and send Trump packing in 2020. This would definitely be the best way to end this current shit show....

Yes but it takes two smart people to keep a secret. It doesn't matter how discreet Putin was when he was dealing with Trump and his cast of clowns.

The Mueller report (which NO ONE has seen, and quite possibly will never see, at least in any useful form and time frame) has been successfully politicized, weaponized, twisted and suppressed.

The ballot box is the last hope. I don't see this as unambiguously good news. It may turn out that Democrats being forced to focus on the 2020 election and on policy, and if Trump is defeated, will in retrospect make this clusterfuck seem like a blessing in disguise, but there are a lot of other ways it could play out, most of them bad.

Beyond all that there's the complexity of this whole thing and the "fog of war" around all the rhetoric. There's a sense in which the events of this past weekend were of little actual consequence, given that Mueller has simply delegated his investigations to a dozen or so other agencies ranging from Main Justice to SDYN and EDVA and various AGs (most of that beyond the reach of presidential pardons), and we know that the counterintelligence investigation will continue in secret until all security threats are neutralized. We know that key players like Trump Jr and Ivanka were not even interviewed much less indicted, indicating either that the investigation was interfered with and cut short (this tends to be my view) and/or that there's a LOT of further revelations coming down the pike anyway.

The most troubling aspect is that Mueller appears to be relying on Congressional oversight to complete his work on obstruction and financial crimes and given the cowardice and corruption on display on both sides of the aisle, forgive me if I think delegating to Congress is pretty much the same as flushing it down the toilet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:319209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.