Agnostic.com

7 0

What do you think about those religitards standing on the street corner shouting about the bible and god?

I find it to be quite annoying and the people use megaphones to be deafening to people passing by. I normally walk on the opposite side of the street from them. This was only when I lived downtown. Now that my college campus is downtown, I'll have to hear that crap in August-October. I tend to send a death glare in their direction, and I mumble to myself about idiots and their god. What do you think of them and what do you do if you see them?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Where I live, In northwest NM, there are anti-choice fanatics everywhere, with their signs and their pickets in front of Planned Parenting office. I was appalled at Billy Graham's "lying in state" in the US capital. What happened to the seperation of church and state. I always say that with the freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion. We should not glorify religous fanatics.

Yep.

Live and let live unless you invade my space. Then the gloves are off Im afraid. If its a woman then I quote that BS about women being silent in the temple. If it`s a guy then I get really uppity and ask how dare he be so vain as berate anyone with his particular brand of nonsense when there are so many different versions of it out there? How dare he make assumptions about all insundry without knowing who or what they might be? Vanity, vanity all is vanity, is my chant.

Well it passes the time whilst my daughter is in a girly shop and I`m having a smoke outside he he.

Okay.

Makes me happy I live in a free country. Makes me sad that in many parts of the country publicaly preaching the opposite would be dangerous. I ignore them.

Same here.

I'm embarrassed for them. But I don't dignify their bloviations by getting upset about them. Except there WAS this one time in Seattle when I was trying to check my eyelids for cracks in my hotel room and some asshat came down the street below my window shouting into a bullhorn about how I was destined for hellfire. I almost stormed downstairs and sent him off for an early look at hell.

Wow. What an idiot.

Honestly there lives must be so boring if that's all they do.

Yes, I would think so.

I feel sorry for them.

I kind of do.

Get a bigger, louder megaphone and stand next to them talking about atheism. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

I should. Or grab their bible from their hands and slap the shit outta them with it.

@Sarahroo29 Better still, get a group of college friends together and build a sound system. Use it instead of the megaphone to drown out the street preachers, then have a massive illegal rave.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.