Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Earthquakes of the First 15 Years of the 21st Century - YouTube

Occasionally, someone makes an uninformed comment about how earthquakes have increased. Except for Oklahoma, that’s not really true. There are millions of earthquakes.
What have increased are detection, reporting, structures, population (particularly in coastal areas), and conspiracy theories.

Earthquakes overall haven’t increased in frequency or magnitude as far as records can show. We just have a lot more records.

SkotlandSkye 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's causing the increase in earthquakes in Oklahoma?

Really? Wastewater disposal. Fracking.

Oil industry...fracking.

I know it's fracking, however there is an Oklahoma resident on this site that denies fracking is causing it. I would be interested to know what most people from Oklahoma think or even realize it is happening.

[usgs.gov]

@Darthpug if someone from Oklahoma is denying it’s fracking, they are delusional and you should just ignore them.

That's fascinating, I see one area that they are concentrated in and it happen to be where I live in So Cal. We have literally had hundreds of them here in the last few years. My house that was built in 1950 is all cracked up.

Those tectonic plates just keep on torquing!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:320796
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.