Agnostic.com

8 8

Blessed to share God’s creation. Joking !! Hiking in Tishomingo State Park today.

I’m a wildlife biologist so always found it a little weird when people would tell me about God’s creation. I get that is how most see the world but why would you say that to a biologist ?

sgherf 5 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A very good quiestion with what I think requires a spectrum of answers.

Based on my many interactions wtih theists (I am an active antitheist (defined as one who actively promotes rational thought over faith based supersistion)) In order of what I believe, based on my experienced while un-indoctrination (or just interacting with) thiests:

#1 They are delusional and don't believe anyone could possibly not belive in a god.
#2 They are delusional and believe any person that is not a monster has to belive in a god.
#3 They are delusional and don't understand the field of biology and how a sceintific knowledge of the evidense support ing the evolution of life.

a sad footnote: When you descend from the ranks of the royal society of science or it's USA equivalent coutnerparts, In the USA, there is a sizable amount of sceintist that are theists.

#4 They are not aware of the implications of the comments they are parroting as they are programmed to respond to affirm a supersistious beliefe structure not founded in reality.

#5 They are delusional (insert expative here) that belive if they assert an unsupported faith (beleife without evidense claim) loud and often enough, their belief system will be affermed and, in additino to them being an authorative figure in their own eyes, after they die, they will be gloriously rewareded for thier faith by their invisable sky dady.

So, if they wear a cross ask them what the 't' stands for.

I can't help thinking that someone might be thinking, "If only you'd let go of all that silly science and see things my way, and accept that an invisible man magically farted it all into existence, life would be really neato."

Isn't it a wonderful world that Casper has made? May his sheet never rot further and the holes in it heal up. Right now Casper is the Holy Ghost.
Avoid those who say similar things during your hike and enjoy yourself.

Why does my Doctor believe in the power of prayer? People are weird.

The first thing I ask a potential physician is whether or not they understand and accept evolution. If the answer to either is no, I take my business elsewhere.

I live near Tuckaleechee Caverns in Townsend, TN. I visited it a couple of years ago, and The guide had to make a disclaimer when he was telling us about the age of some of the formations, because some people would get mad that the formations were millions of years older than they thought the earth was.

Sounds like a pretty area to be.

You have to take it into consideration that you're dealing with people who think the Flintstones is a documentary.

I love the way believers credit God with the beauty in the world but fail to credit him with ugly in the world like cancer, birth defects, baldness, and of course North Dakota.

@ScienceBiker
I like to point out to those Christians that such things either prove that God is not as powerful as Satan, or he is complicit in Satan's evil deeds.

@ScienceBiker They don't credit him with creating Satan either. Supposedly he created everything. They are so confused.

@ScienceBiker In the end they still believe he he created everything. Process really doesn't matter

I see that a lot on Facebook.
If there is a photo of beautiful scenery, or an animal, often someone will start gushing about wasn't God wonderful to make that scene, or that beautiful Freisian horse, apparently not realizing that humans breed different horse breeds.

I just figure that it's their religious way of expressing gratitude in life, which is always good.

Yes I agree that it is religious way of gratitude. Good way of expressing it.

My kids tell me not to spoil their god belief for them. They claim to "believe in god in their own way." I tell them this is a great problem with god belief. No evidence and everyone wants it their way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.