Agnostic.com

12 5

LINK Trump Says Wind Turbine Noise Causes Cancer. (It Does Not.)

Haha. Hilarious and scary at the same time. Not as funny as Trump's concern about the oranges of the Mueller investigation. 😛

Seriously though, it does make me wonder if his mind isn't going.

bingst 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder what he thinks happens to your property value when they build a coal burning power plant next to your home?

Why do you say "going"?
a) It left a long time ago
b) It wasn't really a going entity before it left.

Paul4747 Says Trump's Mouth Noise Causes Cancer. (It Just Might)

At 22 lies per day do you put it past him? It's fodder for his rabid followers/zombies.

[Devils Advocate]
Well noise over a period of time causes Tumors (serious look it up). Ear cancer is super rare so I imagine the ability to research it well is probably hard. However there are two ways to increase your chances of getting any cancer. Increase the rate that cells regenerate in a given tissue (often seen by repeatedly causing damage) or mutate the cell. So his idea while seemingly far fetched is in the realm of possibility.*****
I would imagine even if found true it will have little to no impact on the population at large. If you increased the rate of cancer by 6 fold it would still be rare.

Counterpoint: from the GE website; "The closest that a wind turbine is typically placed to a home is 300 meters or more. At that distance, a turbine will have a sound pressure level of 43 decibels. To put that in context, the average air conditioner can reach 50 decibels of noise, and most refrigerators run at around 40 decibels."

A conversation in a restaurant is typically around 60 db. TV or home stereo audio; 70 db. Blender: 88 db. [industrialnoisecontrol.com]

And people regularly drive in cars or wear headphones/earbuds with the music at a volume that can be heard from some distance away, in the case of cars, sometimes a block away.

You might as well make the case that car stereos, air conditioners, and restaurant conversations cause ear cancer. They're far better candidates than wind turbines.

@Paul4747 Very good counter point but the effects of sound pressure are cumalative and when two objects producing the same frequency are in an area the effect is doubled. This is done by adding 3 db because it is a logarithmic scale. It should also be noted that sound drops at the square from this we can calculate from GE's numbers that a Windmill produces 61 db at over 100 feet away.
Just like the powerline arguement they cause cancer but are typically at such distances it's irrelevant it's not always the case in fact schools, parks, and other non monetary value adding places are likely to occupy the land adjacent because of low cost. These types of users are more vulnerable to the long term effects such a farm could lb d produce.
Other known side effects of prolonged exposure
to sound are hearing loss and stress according to OSHA. Stress being linked to 6 leading causes of death and increaes your risk of heart failure by 6 fold. So while the risk of ear cancer is extremely low, cancer in general has been linked to stress and so...
Windmills may cause increased prolong stress and thereby increase your risk for cancer greatly.

I think his mind left the building with Elvis.

what...

F-ing moron

Similar characters

cava Level 7 Apr 3, 2019

Another of his alternative truths...

No way. This goes beyond even that. lol

lol; we need to get to the oranges of that

hahahaha

I've considered that his mind might be going from the very start.

Remember Reagan with the Alzheimer's? Yup - just like that.

Only this might be different from that because he has a lot of other psych dysfunctions built into his diagnosis. (But then - he started out with that).

Wind turbines cause cancer my arse!

No. Wind turbine noise.

@bingst No I knew it was the Noise... just - really? I mean what a pile of woo! lol

I think he's getting a little stressed. He may be coming apart!

@rogueflyer That's very true. I mean maybe he finally noticed that no one actually likes him?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:324069
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.