Agnostic.com

29 2

What did you want to be when you were younger?

I wanted to be a writer, an artist, and an actress. Two out of three ain't bad.

bleurowz 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

OLDER!

@WizardBill l know, but I keep on wishing for it.

benevolent dictator of the world.

we desperately need one.

An artist.

Happy

Liviu Level 4 Mar 4, 2018

How younger? 😀
There were quite a few years as a kid I wanted to grow up to be a horse. LOL

Later on:
veterinarian (everyone math shamed me so that dream died)
Lobbyist -IKR? tween dream, imagined myself fighting for bison preservation haha. I'm sure that pays real well.
Rich artist - had a lot of smoke blown at me about how 'talented' i was growing up....

I'm sure you would have been a great horse. There was a time I wanted to be a firetruck, sometimes I still do.

@Tryndoworse LMAO!!!

@Tryndoworse Did you make fire engine sounds? I used to embarrass the **** out of my family with my horse impersonations.
Me: walking hunchback on the way home from school
My mother: STOP THAT- PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH YOU. LOL like "Special K" I guess haha

@Qualia No, I didn't practice, I figured sirens, lights, ladders and such would just come naturally. Or maybe at firetruck orientation.

Rich. I didn't know how, I just wanted to be insanely wealthy.

I always wanted to be a scientist.

A lawyer

'Alive' - I was pretty frightened for my life as a child escaped at 15 y.o. but terrrifying ,mentally unwell, parents - I didnt really have time to dream much but always thought I would be able to find interesting work and I did.

Older ! Now that I'm older, I wish I were younger

Originally a vet, later I changed it to marine biologist. I am neither.
However I am trained in wlidlife care and rescue, and domestic animal first aid and have worked as a wetland ecologist, though rarely in marine.

I was obsessed with Ace Ventura, so of course I wanted to be a “pet detective”.

I wanted to be a doctor since I was 4 years old. That's one future plan that did work out for me. I also considered being a meteorologist and a translator.

Nothing. I had no clue, no aspirations. Happier

I wanted to be a pilot, but the writer in me clawed to the surface and stayed.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 4, 2018

A secretary or accountant is what I wanted to be. I have been working with adults with disabilities for almost 30 years. Nothing close to doing what I thought I wanted to do. I like the path I took.

I wanted to be older. When I became older, I still wanted to be older. Now that I am really older, I want to get much older. The alternative is not particularly enticing.

When I was in elementary school I was asked this question. We had to choose three.

1. I wanted to ride in the caboose of the train. (Still fascinated by trains)
  2. I wanted to work in a lighthouse. (I like the beach)
  3. I thought I would like to work in the forest in a fire tower. (Thought it would be like camping)

I thought it was a good list. Instead, I had to go talk to the "listening lady" (School psychologist) about why I wanted to be alone all the time. Eventually, the listening lady and I would spend quite a bit of time together. Ironically, I don't believe any of these jobs still exist.

An astronaut or fireman..I watched the Mercury rockets go up..and my Dad was a BFD fireman..

In HS I was nuts about Nuclear Physics, then electronics (which I was able to work the field). When I matured it was to be fiscally free to follow my varied interests. Through shear luck I acheived this goal.

I wanted to be a radio DJ. Later spent 20 years on the air.

Now that I'm older and retired, I can think of another path or two I would, looking back, like to have pursued, but never had any drive or ambition to be anything or anyone but myself. In my various lines of work, and profession, and educationally, there were goals and things I wanted to accomplish; but there was never one specific thing I focused on as far as a lifelong pursuit, other than just being me. And even that got sidetracked at times.

Not caught bunking off from school! lol

A scientist who does documentaries, with strong leanings toward ecological fieldwork.

Had the weather channel launched earlier, I might havecwanted tobtry meteorology.

Zster Level 8 Mar 4, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.