Agnostic.com

10 8

Third death in three weeks at Grand Canyon National Park

People are falling over the rim while taking selfies. Natural selection at work.

I don't know how she could keep a straight face with this basic common sense:

"A spokeswoman for the park told NBC News on Thursday that the National Park Service encourages visitors to stay on marked trails and keep a safe distance from the edge."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There’s no cure for stupid.

All Trump 's fault!

zesty Level 7 Apr 5, 2019

Maybe it's the windmills...

yeah, your right. wonder I'd they bleeped her saying DUH!

Stupidity should be fatal.

@EdEarl

Stupidity is often fatal.

[boredpanda.com]

@LiterateHiker Guilty, but lucky.

The first time I visited, Grand Canyon was filled with fog. All I could see was the railing. So, I wandered into the gift shop.

The wind picked up while I was in the gift shop. Walked back outside.

I stood transfixed, as wind scooped layers of fog out of the Grand Canyon, gradually revealing its colors and grandeur from the top down. Thirty minutes later, it was clear to the bottom.

An incredible introduction to the Grand Canyon. Will never forget it.

Since then, I backpacked from the rim to the bottom twice. Too crowded. I was worried burros would push me off the narrow trail.

Years ago we saw a family, 2 kids, toddlers. And they were about 6 feet from the edge with the parents not watching them. Said something to the parents and just got dirty looks. O well.

Stupid people, doing stupid things.
They are not dying off fast enough.

If they died faster, it might solve the over population problem we have on this planet.

@freedom41 Precisely what I'm hoping for.

I agree with natural selection statement. In this case it would be natural stupidity. That damn cell phone won't save you from falling into the Grand Canyon.

no, but it would be on the camera to print into large sign as a warning

Yes I agree it's natural selection at work the problem is they probably already reproduced. And I believe stupidity is inherited ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.