Agnostic.com

4 7

Watching the academy awards tonight and amy noticing the distinct change in color it gives me hope that action can change the system if only in incremental ways.

Akfishlady 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The best change is incremental (to that extent Burke was correct). Radical change too often delivers autocrats to power. Action, individual and collective, does eventually cause change. I reflect on the fact that when I was 18 same sex relationships were illegal in my state. Now same sex marriage is an accepted part of our society. So the change really isn't that slow. What was the colour status in 1960? Most folk born that year have only just retired.

I couldn't stand all the grandstanding on political and social issues. If I want that, I will watch Fox News or MSNBC.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

I am happy I slept thru it and no tv on... and now I am wide awake. I have no idea... who won what. And I feel like being a better human being because of it.

Gary oldmans speech was really classy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32658
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.