Agnostic.com

5 3

Have you ever felt like the tag along among a group of friends?

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At times I kinda have felt that

Yeah, my friends are good for getting drunk and having a good time -- maybe BSing about sports or relationships, stuff like that. But we can't have deep conversation, we don't agree politically on most things, and we're not interested in a lot of the same stuff even outside that.

They're mostly good people, and I trust them, but we don't connect on a certain level and that sucks. Que sera sera.

In 2013, I joined a woman's hiking group. It felt like junior high. Cliquish Mormons, the leaders iced me out. When I walked up, they stopped talking. After lunch, they got up and left without telling me. I scrambled to pack up and run after them. It was hurtful.

I tried seducing them with homemade date bars. It didn't work.

To make matters worse, Shirley led us on dangerous hikes. Then Shirley banned dogs. Karen and Gro bring their dogs hiking.

Karen, Gro and I formed our own hiking group in 2014.

Frequently because I seem to be the single with couples.

I haven't got any friends 😟

Hahaha now I don’t feel so foreign, like I’m from another planet. Groups just never was my thing cause most of the time, there’s usually someone within that really don’t want you around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:327056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.