Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK The Rapture and the Real World: Mike Pompeo Blends Beliefs and Policy

FTA: Elsewhere in the Middle East, Mr. Pompeo also has broadcast his Christian beliefs. At the start of a January speech in Cairo, Mr. Pompeo said the trip was “especially meaningful” for him “as an evangelical Christian, coming so soon after the Coptic Church’s Christmas celebrations.”

He added, “In my office, I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and his word, and the truth.”

"Imagine the consequences if any significant component of the US government actually believed that the world was about to end and that its ending would be glorious. The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this, purely on the basis of religious dogma, should be considered "A moral and intellectual emergency"!!!" -Dawkins

zblaze 7 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s hard to imagine Pompeo believes in anything other than himself. Wonder if his bible was open on his desk when he cussed our NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly. Another veneer Christian.

The original "Night of the Living Dead" film was a sort of noir spoof of the 'Apocolypse'. Trumplerites can be likened to contemporary Zombie hordes!

I sure wish he'd keep a copy of the Constitution on his desk, to remind himself about the separation of church and state.

He does not need to be in an office of his position.

a raving lunatic. no doubt about it.
when prime minister trudeau made a statement after nafta negotiations which wasn't complimentary of rump pompeo said to para: ppl who criticize our leader deserve to burn in hell.
another certifiably insane asshole for sure.

I'm taking some reassurance in the fact that he can read.
The fact that he takes his guidance from the fiction section is more than slightly worrisome, after all 3rd centuryb propaganda solutions to 21st century issues haven't been that successful, but I guess that we'll keep trying the same thing, until everyone else 'get's on our page'.

If he has the Bible open, I doubt it's on the Gospels.

Probably on Revelations. It's about as crazy as the USA's fpreign policy

Ofcourse he does...he is chosen by the Evangelicals!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:327126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.