Agnostic.com

6 2

Has a coworker ever tried to convert you on the job before?

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nah. Newsrooms are mostly closeted atheists anyway in my experience. I did work at a grocery store when I was a teen whose owner was a pastor. He always tried to get me to go to their church but that was when I was still fighting with burgeoning disbelief so I don't think that counts.

I can top that. I went to a estimate for a job and the guy started preaching at me. I quietly listened, explained that i used to be a christain, and quoted a few choice verses to him. Needless to say didn't get the job. Unfortunately i used to have to lie quite a bit about not believing to keep food on the table.

That’s a shame!

Phew not since the 1980s? I can't imagine anyone doing that now.

But I'm not in the Bible Belt either.

Not saying it wouldn't happen after work well fraternizing though.

That would be very much frowned upon in this country - in fact, many companies write a clause into their codes of business conduct expressly forbidding it.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 9, 2019

I’m glad that it’s forbidden! I believe strongly in separation from work and religion. Religion needs to stay the hell out when it’s a place where people are making a living to keep the bills paid and food on the table.

Long time ago at another job. This Restaurant was Affiliated with a so called Minister. He never tried converting me but hinted at it . He did not understand the Music and things I liked, typically trying to Demonize It bullshit

Oh yes! They’re good at demonizing things! Rolls eyes.

@EmeraldJewel indeed they are for sure

Not yet. SInce, I haven't told any of them that I'm an Atheist. I think some of them kinda know, but don't care what way I look at the world. There is new co worker that claims to be a christain, that might make the attempt if she knew. There is nothing she could say to change my mind.

That's how I say it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:327730
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.