Agnostic.com

32 4

Why?

Why are you on this website?

Wookinpanub 4 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I came here hoping to have sex with you

Lol

It sbeen my home since November. I have friends here always.

i really like it

Keeps me from picketing churches on Sundays.

I have an itch that needs scratching...

I find the posts and comments here interesting and insightful

lol... nothing like a good dose of honesty!

I really enjoy the topics that are discussed. Seems like every day there are topics that I like to weigh in on. As long as that is true I will keep using the site.

I was roaming the net one day and this thing popped up, so I signed in.

Been here since early October, shortly after they started this site. It's the only one I feel I can connect with on many levels, learn things and have fun with it as well. Maybe even find someone that matches my twisted sick sense of humor which would be an added bonus.

The Agnostic.com site came up on my facebook feed, not sure why though, but thought like minded people might be interesting. The dating aspect didn't really mean much as I don't have any confidence in dating sites.

Why not? I'll always speak out positively on the topic of atheism and the negative aspects of religion. I believe religion is the source of every evil we have now. (Long topic.)

Looking for love and this site is close to my views.

I'm supposed to be working.

JimG Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

Birds of a feather ......

Well, I was born in 1968, that's how it all started....yada yada...church camps...yada yada...computers...yada yada...arpanet-wwiv net-interwebs...yada...Ad click-and then HERE! Whew....!

To exchange open minded ideas with open minded people

To learn and share thoughts and opinions. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

It's more interesting tha6t Facebook, and there are no ads.

why not?

Because it is somewhere I can have conversations on anything from the serious to the silly without wading through advertisements, scammers, godders and the like.

Because I said so. Now stop you're crying or I will GIVE you something to cry about. 😉

To break free of the Southern Church culture and stigma.

Started as courisioty have been agnostic just about all my life. Heave tried many date sites all that reply on other sites are cristian that just reply unknowing what agnostic is or think they can change you. The scammer community is out in full force on other sites as well with fake profiles. It seems a lot are from Ghana Africa. This site is like a melting pot of non beliebers of all talents and even though the occasional disagrement happens everyone seems to support each other. It is a place that you can ask an absurd question. (how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?) or something more profound ( Is the speed of light affected by the the gravity of Jupiter?) And you are going to get some eclectic answers for sure.

I had recently joined an MK (missionary kid) Facebook page and was tired of religious attacks every time I posted something about science or the LGBTQ community. A University of Morehead collegue posted a link to agnostic.com on my Facebook page, so I tried it, as I was tired of dealing with the alt-right.

The religious attacks stopped, but I was sometimes attacked by people here who disagreed with anything with which they weren't familiar, such as gender identity/trait spectrums, apparently believing in the gender binary almost as much as religious zealots do.

I've also been attacked for mentioning energy fields; for some reason, some people here don't think matter is the same as energy and that if they can't touch or hold something, it doesn't exist, despite their using electricity and wi-fi, and despite the existence of software that can control devices with brain waves, continue to declare ESP nonsense.

Apparently, being an atheist doesn't automatically make someone open minded or intelligent in all areas, although I noticed an overall improvement from other venues in education levels.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.