Agnostic.com

29 7

If you were given the option to direct your own TV show, what would it be about?

You have a team of professionals working for you. What would your TV show be about?

Is it original? A re-make? A continuation of something else? The choices are open.

If I got to make a show, it have a person-in-another world theme. It should be fantasy with undernotes of wit and humor. An original story.

silvereyes 8 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would be called "I do not recall" and it would be an American version of a British panel show like 8 out of 10 cats. It's like a game show, that's not about the game... it's about the personalities.

Or anything that Katherine Ryan wants to do...

@silvereyes It's supposed to sound political, but be about getting together over ridiculous topics, incidentally revealing the nuances of character that we all share. Because if you can compete and laugh and find people likable, the politics gets easier.

A documentary about the beautiful wildlife and landscapes we have in Ireland.

The Muppet Show, especially highlighting them old men in the balcony.

A cross between The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery.

Second Puberty, aka the female midlife crisis. Two women working their way through the perimenopausal years, coming to terms with their bodies, their relationships, etc., with both truthful and endearing moments and gut-busting humor.

Half their ages. Make it raunchy. More like Grace Under Fire meets Thelma and Louise.

It would be about my life. Everyone who knows me says my life should be a movie or a book

How to teach the unteachable

Music. I would have current and classic artists come in and discuss what they were influenced by, and their favorite records. I have always enjoyed finding out who my favorite bands listen to, and I think it would make for interesting programming

I would like to do an absurd sketch comedy show like Monte Python, but nothing could ever be that good.

The Waterboard a Trumpster Show! A new guest every week moving up the chain until the T-Bag in Chief gets dipped! Hosted by Robert Mueller! Special guest on the hot seat, Valdamir Putin!!!!

jeffy Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

I would host a travel show! One idea I have is based around a "travel virgin", meaning someone who hasn't seen much of the world, and the idea is to experience the places they go through fresh eyes.

My other idea is to travel to little towns and ask locals what they do for fun, then participate in that no matter how silly it is.

I'd like to direct a show that allowed people to find the way - with help, to be the very best of themselves; so not competitive, and not chance; but finding out how they really wanted to be for themselves and how they wanted to be seen by others in their world . I'd want people to be very open and honest about - Like a personality makeover that could just be tried to see if it fit - I wouldnt put a time limit on it so some contestants would take a shorter time and others a longer time to reach their target and it would be okay if getting there wasnt the thrill it seemed to be and they decided to stay as they were maybe just a little change by being 'seen'.

Second idea (borrowed from a friend): a Jackass-style reality TV show where a few friends and I find the dumbest laws on the books in each state, and we go around breaking them to see if we get arrested. For example, did you know that it's illegal to hunt whales in Nebraska?

I would like to direct a Green Lantern show on the CW so it can cross over with Flash and Arrow.

I really want to flip the script with it though. I think half the reason that GL isn't as popular as other heroes is because Hal Jordan is sort of unrelatable to the audience. He's canned awesome, super confident, has a kick-ass job and a CEO for a girlfriend. And that's before he gets inducted into an army of space cops with super weapons fueled by willpower and imagination wrapped around their fingers (or other various appendages).

My idea calls for a "Humble Hal," a guy who is in a much more relatable position. He's overweight, working minimum wage, and not an awesome fighter test pilot. I want the storyline to start at the absolute lowest point of the Green Lantern Corps: just after the Manhunter rebellion. At the time of the series start, he will be the only lantern out there, having to figure stuff out on his own.

nature and human impact on it

A reality game show in which people who are about to get evicted from their home compete in wacky games. The winning family gets their rent paid for another few months.

A dark fantasy would be my first choice the comic relief would express a morbid sense of humor.

JimG Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

A show about living the ideal life that I would make if I had the resources to get off of the work-week rat race. Renewable and off-the grid energy and planet-friendly life would be featured as on Ed Begley's show. I'd have a butterfly garden and caterpillar house (I have that now), an organic garden, wildlife rehab unit, free-range chickens and perhaps an art studio and cafe.

I like the idea of doing a series about a well known character but not the main character in the movie/tv show/book etc they were in. For example, A series about Irene Adler, where maybe Sherlock could pop up from time to time, or a series about the Joker from Batman. We could learn more about how the characters came to be who they were. Also make sure they only last for a couple of seasons, don't ruin it like they are with the walking dead by just churning out season after season for the sake of it

Probably something music related, with some dark / cynical humor thrown in. Alcohol would probably involved, and random references to Dungeons and Dragons, vegetarian meat substitues, and my own receding hairline.

I'd try to get Seth McFarlane, Wayne Brady, Sam Elliott, Christian Slater, and Corey Feldman involved.

Nothing

A comedy based on my life..
Lol

I'd do a series on white, Mexican, and black children abducted and adopted by Native American tribes during the 1800s.
I have books on the subject showing that if these children weren't returned to their families within six months, it was too late. By then most had forgotten English and fought against being returned.

By then, most were already bonded to their new Indian families and had acquired supernatural powers taken for granted in their tribes such as controlling horses with their minds, acquiring spirit guides such as hawks, that acted as eyes in the sky to show them the location of wild game, or to warn them of danger. They could control the weather, heal animals and humans at a distance, and this happened even with adult American soldier captives.

Hmm..now that I think of it, this series wouldn't work unless it was billed as fantasy fiction, since most Americans don't even realize these things happen in other cultures, don't consider that matter and energy are the same thing, and don't believe in anything they can't touch.
The ones who do believe in supernatural things are usually "Christians," who would consider such ideas "blasphemy."

Would be a lot like Dexter except going after going after people in control.

A comedy to make others laugh for a while and forget any problems they may have.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.