Agnostic.com

25 3

Stephen King fans?

I'm reading "Insomnia" at the moment. Anyone care to share their favorite King novels?
#StephenKing# Fictionreaders #Nextkingnovel

RoadGoddess 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Insomnia was great, little touches throughout the story, like babies being able to see the life lines.

I'd have to say at the moment, any of his short stories are in my top list. The mist is probably my favourite, and the library policeman as a close second (ties in with some Peter straub books that I love too)

I'm a big fan of his. He's also a really nice guy. I live about 15 minutes from pie tree orchard and see him around town often enough to talk to him a few times a year. Usually at Rosies or my local rite-aid.

Couple years old, have added some more hardbacks since. Favorite story by King,"The Mist" although I haven't ever found one I didn't like to some degree. Started reading books by his son, Joe Hill and have found him to also be an excellent writer. Getting ready to start reading the Dark Tower series. Read the first couple years ago, back before there were 8 books but starting from book one anyway.

Not a big fan to be honst, "Insomnia" was one of my fave books, and "The Green Mile" fave of the movies. I tried with the Gunslinger and Dark Tower stuff, ok, but just not my style.

I have so many favorites.

The Stand
The Shining
Salem’s Lot
Carrie
It
The Green Mile
The Dead Zone
Cujo
Firestarter
Christine
Gerald’s Game
The Dark Tower Series

I read Salem's Lot when I was in junior high and many others since then. Some are better than others. When he's on he's on though.

I like his son, Joe Hill.

Definitely following in Dad's footsteps. <3

I like them all. I'm a life long Stephen King fan.

Just re-read "IT" again. Never gets old!

I liked the Dark Tower series, From a Buick 8, and Thinner (originally published under the name Richard Bachman).

"The Stand" wins for me, hands down! I liked "It", too.

Zster Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

Oh yes.

Lisey's Story and Bag of Bones. He really incorporated the human heart in his later work.

I like every Stephen King book I've read. One of his more obscure books was called Danse Macabre. It was a treatise on horror fiction from 1950 to 1980. It was a great book.

Yes, he did a surprisingly good job with that!

I had that book at one time too.

Yes! Especially the socially responsible Stephen! What a cool guy!

jeffy Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

I've read The Stand, Firestarter, The Tommyknockers, The Dark Half, The Shining, and a bunch of short story collections, but my favourite is IT.

I have read almost everything he has written including under Bachman.

Dark Tower series is my favorite, and is a must for those who have read his other works.

Favorite single novel is Hearts in Atlantis. His novella, Apt Pupil, had me waking in a cold sweat.

The endings of many of his books are disappointing. I am never sure whether it would be with stopping before the last chapter or two. I never do.

@roadgoddess
So, I want to give a literary analysis with specific examples here. I can't. I just remember loving one of his books. Just really burning through it and then going "eh" after the last 30 pages. And I remember doing it over and over again, to the point that when I enjoyed one of his books to the very end, I was surprised.

In my defense, though, I did a Google search for "poor endings Stephen King" and got a list of forums and blogs dedicated to this discussion.

I loved the Dark Tower series also but the final book or two just seemed to lose it's punch for me.

@ronnie40356
That's too bad. Dark Tower is on of those, in the minority, that I thought ended well.

Thanks @roadgoddess 🙂

The Hearts in Atlantis book was excellent they screwed the pooch on the movie though.

@azzow2 Truly

Well there are so many. The Green Mile, The Stand, The Talsiman, Black House, It, The Shining, The Dead Zone, and of course The Dark Tower series......so many more that I love. The cool thing about his books is he always cheers for the good of people even in the worst of times. Some people call him a horror writer, I really consider him a cheerleader for the common man and woman, even in the worst of situations.

The Stand is my all-time fav King novel. IT was good. Christine was good too, and Carrie. But The Stand is exceptional, IMHO. I loved the 8-hour mini-series too. LOL!

Among many others, these are two I liked that don't get mentioned very often.
Rose Madder.
From a Buick 8.

Needful Things is one of my favorites. Also from Different Seasons Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (the novella the movie was based on). The Tommyknockers is a good one. The Mist and Christine are also very good reads.

Roman Level 5 Mar 5, 2018

I collect chinese/japanese fans..haven't seen a

Salem’s Lot, Pet Cemetary, The Stand, Bag of Bones

I read it at 15. It made an impression. @RoadGoddess

Many Needfull Things,The Pet cemetery, Four past midnight.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.