Agnostic.com

58 14

How many of you have been told you are going to hell?

I would say I am a friendly atheist, not militant like some prefer to be. Yet, when asked about my religious preference I answer honestly. I am often told I am going to hell and many other bigoted things. Why do people with religion think that this behavior is okay? Am I the only one receiving this level of hatred? Why are we allowed to discriminate against atheists but not religions?

• 67 votes
  • 28 votes
  • 0 votes
Dimples1114 4 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Already been there. It's up near this town called Pinckney. I've seen worse.

Now if I had to spend eternity in, for instance, Flint, that might frighten me. The size of the motel cockroaches alone...

It's your hell you burn in it

Yes and I find it highly amusing when they do

62 years an Atheist hell threats and heaven bribes are the double whammy of xians....however the more militant an American Atheist I have been known the LESS hell threats I have received out of the blue by telephone mail and behind my back in other ways....18 thousand phone calls in 31 months operating Dial THE Atheist 515 266 6133 with 515 266 2255 my personal listed number.....my 1st hell threat and heaven bribe was 64 years ago in Sunday School drawing flames and clouds as a 3 year old ....combine that with still common McCarthyism of 1953 when I was 3 yrs old I got it loud and clear nuke war was bible war against gawdless kommnists evil Soviets who would take away our xmas presents cars jobs and make us all slaves to Chairman Krushchev....his successor Putin today wears a crucifix pretending to be xian and zero preachers call him out as a phony content they have won the battle against ReaGUNs "evil empire" ....1983 Year of the bible passed Congress and ReaGUN spewed his lies daily against gays Atheists labor unions and people on food stamps
....xians inside USA hate us Atheists by repeating what they learned everywhere....church radio TV home newspapers boss at work co workers neighbors and even closet Atheists who do scold us militant American Atheists as if we are causing xians to hate them not the xian fascists themselves....Unitarian Universalist UU World publication hates the 20% Atheist membership also with clergy less than 2% admitting Atheism in their sermons or being surveyed....my answer to why all this is a simple confrontation to every xian who is not a KKK member hating Jews: " if you xians who are 99 % Atheists won't hate Jews for killing your jeebush geehobah yhwh ghostholes why hate us Atheists for being 100% Atheists who declare there is no evidence for ANY of the alleged gawds anywhere when you xians claim all are false except yours ??????? Most don't want to be known as anti-Semitic and I equate that with anti-Atheist bigotry. Since 1973 with legal abortions 9 doctors have been murdered and 56 clinics have been bombed killing pregnant women and nurses there....xians are more bigoted there as I call them all TAMPON TERRORISTS seeking to prevent menstruation and keep women slaves to pregnancy.....xians won't go away from friendly Atheists seen as easy targets....stiffen up comrade and shame all xians for their violent genocidal misogynistic pro-violent abortion bibles in 4 separate verses "rip open the bellies of pregnant women "....SHAME THEM FOR THE IGNORANT BIGOTS AND THEIR BOOK DOING WORSE INSIDE worse than KKK xians do outside....after all NOBODY worships Apollo or Zeus anymore and 94% of all world scientists are Atheists....stand with them be less nice to xian hell threat bigots

Going to hell? My stepdad told me I was going to "split hell wide open" whatever that meant.

I just tell people I have already been banned from hell because the devil is afraid of me...
Or that I bought in while Real Estate prices were low and have a beautiful condo over looking the lake of fire....

I have been told directly by some I will go to hell, while most are more subtle with a "Good luck to you on judgment day." which is a threat that I am going to hell. I usually reply with "If Odin is the real god, you will be right there with me for worshiping the wrong god.".

I can't remember if I have or not. It's something I don't keep track of or care about.

I am fortunate to live in a region of very low church attendance, largely very secular. If asked my religious preference(rare), my typical response, "I'm a stranger here myself", or "I'm a nothing".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:330381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.