Agnostic.com

41 7

Are snakes with apples always up to no good?

TamNov 4 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only if he was acting like an asp.

It depends if they are on a plane or not

LOL. I knew that was coming from some one.

id be fucking rich with a talking snake

Would you? Do you remember the old "Mr Ed" TV show, or the WB cartoon "One Froggy Evening?"

The rule with talking/singing animals is this: once you bring someone else in, they clam up. As soon as the other person leaves, they won't shut up.

well that's the rub lol

Almost as bad as clowns with toupees.

godef Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

Apples are great, snakes...I don't trust em! Especially if they have hands!

I dunno, I'll roast them together and see what they taste like with vegies and gravey.

I have not eaten snakes, but have eaten snakes eggs. not deliberately, and with mandarins not apples. Think 14 year old city boy on a survival trek in the mountains knowing little more than the very basics.

As evidenced by some fairy tales, apples are dangerous, especially when wielded by witches. A snake with an apple? That, my friends is a recipe for disaster! yawn

How can a snake have an apple? He don't have any arms?

JK666 Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

Carn't really blame a snake for trying to eat healthy ya know. Its the talking snakes that freak me the fuk out.

Only the talking snakes with apples are up to no good, the non talking snakes are ok....

Oddly enough, snakes are hypercarnivores. Chances of them eating apples are pretty small. The only thing that they’d do with an apple is slither by it.

Actually, this is another one of those fairy tales designed to make you buy somehting. Clever design, great propaganda, because you all know it.

It worked how many people do you know that don't eat apples ?

@SimonMorgan1 I doubt that that was the objective.

Actually, the snake was a serpent and the apple may not have been an appleI at all. I am not sure of all the differences between snakes and serpents. However, the serpent in the story talked and associated with the human. I consider both of these behaviors very un-snake like. The fruit is only described as forbidden, the actual kind of fruit is not mentioned. This is a good example of aI myth taking on its own mythological character. In any event, it seems very short sighted of a supposedly all knowing deity to place the tree in that garden and allow the fruit to grow within such easy reach. It's not the only misstep for this mischievous spirit, butI certainly a pace setter for this bumbling nabob

ser·pent
?s?rp?nt/Submit
noun

1. literary
    a large snake.
  2. a sly or treacherous person, especially one who exploits a position of trust in order to betray it.

I think the first definition is the only one to consider, since the earth's population was 2, right? 😀

@JimG Right. I think that the second definition is another artifact of the Eden Eve Ejection bit.

If the snake works for a fruit company then there shouldn't be any problems.

LOL

You gotta commend the fruit company for hiring the differently abled!

I suppose so. but I ain't asking 'em.

Snakes usually stay out of my yard. If I see one I follow it and say "I know you can talk and you are not fooling me." For some reason they slither off as quickly as possible and they don't say a word.

Most snakes are ok. I make it a rule not to mess with the ones who talk though.

Only snakes that intice women to eat apples seem to be a problem.

Some postulate the apple is a metaphor for knowlege. And in religion knowledge is evil because it forces the bearer of it to think for themselves and not be subjugated. The snake tempts with knowledge. I think the snake is a teacher who offers a different view when learning is taboo. In some places learning is still believed to be evil, when in fact, it is quite the opposite.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

If a snake started talking to me, the last thing on my mind would be apples.

Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Stuffed with apple or on the side?

@EricTrommater stuffed of course..

Evangelicals get upset when you call the snake a snake. Since it had legs (later to be lost) they call it a "serpent." (Some people even call a snake a serpent.)Then they get into this rant about how a serpent is NOT a snake and they go on talking about this as though it was an actual event. Well, it has to be an actual event because if it was not there would be no reason for salvation from anything at all and no reason for Jesus. No reason for this Jesus to be killed except that all this nonsense when put together explains it in a dramatic way. Blood, guts, and remission. Set this aside and you have a man with an earthly genealogy whom a few thought might be the long prophesied leader and earthly Messiah. Sorry. If that was so, then you killed him.

Don't know never met one, although when I stop to think about it I have never met a herbivourous or even an omnovorous one.

Only if we are lucky. Who wants a snake with an apple to give you good advice? You would just ignore it. But if they were to, say, suggest you eat one more danish, you would probably think it was a great idea. (and let's ignore the phallic obviousness of a snake with an apple...hehe)

LOL Exactly how would a snake have an apple. Bible stories are often wierd.

Snakes are adorable and if there are snakes with apples, they will be photographed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.