Agnostic.com

6 17

Aretha Franklin wins posthumous Pulitzer Prize

Bravo!

"Aretha Franklin is still getting R-E-S-P-E-C-T after death: The Queen of Soul received the Pulitzer Prize Special Citation honor Monday, becoming the first individual woman to earn a special citation prize since the honor was first awarded in 1930.

"The Pulitzer board said the award was given to Franklin for her indelible contribution to American music and culture for more than five decades."

[video.search.yahoo.com]

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a damn shame they waited until after she was dead to recognize her.

@citronella

Agreed. I wish Aretha Franklin had been alive to accept her Pulitzer award.

As with many other things the wait was to long.

I'm glad to hear and know this but it is too bad that Aretha has no clue of it at all.

Couldn't happen to a Better Voice!!!!

I never understood it giving out prized after one is dead. What is the point?

@Jolanta

To honor her contribution to music and the arts. As a black singer, Aretha Franklin needs to be remembered as exceptional.

[biography.com]

@LiterateHiker True but it would have been nice if she got it while she was alive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:331717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.