Agnostic.com

13 0

What in your life gives you the most intense visceral joy?

RedskyRiver 6 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Singing and dancing.

Yes I can do the singing side! I am not a good dancer.

Dance like there's no one watching they say 😉

Cheesecake.

Yes....yum

I'd say watching my 6-year-old niece grow and learn. For example, we've had many conversations about life and feelings and the way things work, so my heart skipped a beat when I asked her casually, "What do you know about the universe?", to which she replied, "The earth, it goes around the sun." So I asked, "What else do you know?"--open-ended questions are the best with her--and she says, "Umm, monkeys are our cousins, and all the dinosaurs? They died. But the baby ones? The baby ones lived, and they turned into birdies. That's how monkeys are our cousins. But I don't know how birdies turned into monkeys yet, I think I'll know when I'm really old, like 20. Oh and clouds are made of water from the ocean." My sister chimed in at this point, agnostic as she is, asking, "What about God? Do you know who that is?" She said, "No". My sister then asked, "What about Jesus?" My niece thought for a second, and then said, "Naaah."

Swoon!

Outside of this, the spark of creative fire when I get an idea and just write for hours on end, or when I get crafty and build or create something; plan it out, source the materials, turn on the music and paint, draw, sculpt, etc.

It is amazing to see that pure wonder of knowledge / science from a child.

Music often affects me viscerally, sometimes moves me to tears and, a couple times, into a sobbing mess. I prefer instrumental over vocal. My source of absolute joy is cats. Perhaps there is a musically talented group of cats out there waiting for me to deliriously melt at their paws while they play a random melody.

Puurfect🙂

Animals-wildlife-nature-the outdoors

Serendipity

Imagining Trump bring dragged out of the Whitehouse in cuffs

Dancing while drunk and high. freestyle modern clubish

Pedaling my bike around and observing nature while doing that.

Singing in the shower at the top of my lungs.

Flying and all aspects of aviation.

Racing. It can be transcendental.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.