Agnostic.com

6 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Vegetarians fart more, hence the methane contamination! At least meat tastes good!

zesty Level 7 May 4, 2019

Do you have sources to prove that? I am a vegetarian, I very rarely fart,

@HippieChick58 My Indian friends spoil the air all the time. The ones from Gujarat state, a fully vegetarian one. Stinky source!

@zesty LOL! Wow, I'm sorry. Going vegetarian has been good for my gut. I don't fart often and then usually not smelly. Partly it is because not only am I vegetarian (most of the time) I also eat very high fiber. My colon is so clean nothing has a chance to ferment to cause the gas.

@HippieChick58 Does this approach help with anal sex?

@zesty If I ever get a chance to find out the answer to that question I will let you know. It has been a long while. Wow, don't want to even go down that path.

Articles like this one don’t really seem all that scientific, sadly. I hoped for actual statistics, mathematical significance in the content but instead found subjective phrasing “society on the right path” kind of commentary. Also, not all meat is raised equally, some grass fed meat practices sequester large amounts of carbon through regenerative ecology principles. Industry can change through consumer pressure.

Just imagine how much methane that Trump emits into the atmosphere!

They also don't get the more drastic link between human procreation and climate change!
I like this "riposte" quote to the famous 60s slogan.
"If fewer people had made love, there would not no be as many to make war." P. Finne.

That’s a lot of words telling us that we “don’t get it” and no words at all supporting the claim. I am not persuaded. [skepticalscience.com]

I do agree that smaller meat portions are healthier, especially of beef. I eat very little beef.

I'll do what i can to help but I'll be dammed if i stop eating meat.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332607
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.