Agnostic.com

12 5

QUESTION The Shocking Truth about Daylight Saving Time

I loathe DST, just leave my damn clocks alone!

HippieChick58 9 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hahah! Yes. I remember John Oliver doing a bit on DST: "Cows don't care what time it is because they're cows. And cows are idiots."

Doing away with DST would not be an insignificant feat for the IT industry. Glad I'm out of it.

as though i've sensed it all along: i detest the fascistically applied idiocy of "daylight saving".

Morning car accidents go up the first week after DST. Not a big fan...

Nothing to me, I go to bed at 7 whether it's light out or light out LOL

I like to stay up late, even when I worked nights I'd push the bed time. I dunno why, love to sleep, just don't like to go to bed.

@HippieChick58 Before my current job, I went to bed around 3am. Took me a while to adjust. I think I had 42 tardy's in 6 months.

Nowadays, I would be fired long before hitting that amount. In fact I think I am the only one in my department with no tardy's on absences for at least 10 years

Should be fixed at the spring time for good. No reason to change it anymore.

Interesting. Never gave it much thought except when I lived in Maine. It's so far east it should be in the Atlantic time zone rather than Eastern so during the winter it would get dark before 4pm. Now THAT was depressing!

I've always favored DST. It adjusts much of our awake time, to better align with the increasing daylight of Spring and Summer. Yeah - it takes a few days to adjust - but well worth it to me.
I love having light till almost 9 ! So there.

Yeah, interesting read. 'Specially 'bout the farmers and golf courses...

The Florida legislature just passed a bill to make daylight savings year round here. Pick a time zone and stick with it. That, by the way, is the best work this legislature has done in years.

I read that just a little bit ago! I'm so impressed! Yay Florida.

Am really curious... There's a secret about DST?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.