Agnostic.com

20 5

For those that are single : At this point in your life , would you rather date around, or be in a steady one-on-one relationship ( though not necessarily living together ).

What about marriage - something you ultimately want ?

evergreen 8 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I no longer know what I want. I’ve not really been looking as of late. Thought that I would be married by this point. But clearly that didn’t happen.

It sure would be nice to find a person that you could talk to openly. If that does not happen, finding a lady that would be open to partnering as she wishes.

I'm single in my mind. I know that doesn't count for much in the legal world. One-on-one relationship is the only way I want to go. Living together would be ideal. Separate bedrooms are ok. No reason to get married unless we aren't from the same country.

I would like a long term relationship

If the opportunity arises, I'd want a steady long-term relationship. But not marriage. I have a long rant that I'll spare you (for now) regarding marriage, but suffice it to say I'm not a fan.

Steady long term relationship

I would really enjoy someone in my age group we would have so much in common , I am 63 ..

Ricky Level 3 Nov 11, 2017

Does this mean you feel that just because someone is around the same age that automatically means compatibility ?

It usually does !!

guess that has not been my experience ...

Some people tend to become to conservative as they age that has not been my thought process at all , I am actually really open to a lot of different ideas !!

I’m one of those people who enjoys being single. I can get away with all kinds of crap without dealing with a jealous lover. I don’t want get get married neither. Nobody can tell me that I’ll change my mind nor convince me that I will. Nobody won’t. It’s my choice to stay single. I know it’s lonely, but I really enjoy it. I’d rather be alone instead of being with somebody that makes me cry on a daily basis.

You must know some great people that treat you like crap !!

sounds like you've had some bad experiences ...

I don’t do that good in relationships. I always got accused of making that person feel unwanted or unappreciated. Honestly not that many people these days want love. They want attention. If you don’t give that much to them, they get really bored of you even though I’ve tried to make that person happy, but I failed That’s how I see it. And that’s my opinion too. So yeah.

But if someone truly cares about you a smile is all it takes to make that someone happy that has been my experience .

I would like to find someone to be in a relationship with, but not marriage anytime soon. One day, maybe. The dating around thing is not for me.

I am very fun !!

After a relationship of two years, I think I just must wait and get some rest from all this

faty Level 1 Nov 11, 2017

To be honest, I am "single", and I like beign single. I am open to dating, or entering into a interrelationship, but I'd have to see a potential for enhancing my life and making my life happier than it already is.

I do think it would be great to have another person to share complete honesty and trust with. However, most persons who have the level of honesty I seek, are already taken, or we dont' have enough compatible interests to enjoy each other's company. I may date around, but if I ever find someone who fits what I want, I'd go for it. Dating around just helps get a person by until then.

I'm not looking for dating. If someone came along and things clicked, great! But it's not something I'm actively looking for. "Dating around" is definitely not anything I'm interested in.

However, I'm turning 50 next month, and the thought of growing old alone has been on my mind.

I would rather be in a steady committed relationship. Dating is obviously fine while trying to find the right one. But marriage is only a formality that doesn't really change anything.

I don’t see the need for marriage, but I do eventually want to have a long term relationship. I like waking up next to someone... cooking together... finding new places to love. I miss that best friend companionship.

My end goal is marriage. I'm not trying to rush into anything but I do hope to meet someone that would want a serious relationship with me. But we will see 🙂

I was always looking for that kind woman <3

I really hope to find my match.
I want forever.
I don’t like dating around. Splitting my energy between more than one person. I tend to focus on one person at a time.

Marriage is not for me. But a committed long term partnership is. Totally.

At this point, I'm not looking for anything other than friends, but eventually I look forward to a long term deal. Depending on what you mean by dating around it seems like a lot of work with very little payoff to me. If I'm going to be investing time in someone, I'd want that to either be two friends having fun, or a relationship that will improve the quality of life and happiness of all involved.

Marriage is for some people, not for others... I guess that would have to be a decision made eventually during the relationship. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not something I want or don't want.

Definitely open for a long term relationship with the right woman, not sure about marriage, simply because of the status of divorce and alimony in this country.

I'd rather be in a steady one-on-one. Marriage, yes.

I'll comment on my own ... I tend to waiver back and forth between wanting dating, and more commitment .
Though I think I'm done with the idea of marriage. After two, not down on it - just no longer see the need.

I agree with evergreen. Not marriage. I would like some companionship and affection but must be with agnostic or atheist and it's probably not going to happen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.