Agnostic.com

24 6

God is everywhere.....it seems!

Is it just me or is god being mentioned/celebrated more and more in mainstream tv. I'm talking drama's, talk shows, news feeds. Is it my imagination?

patchoullijulie 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it is not your imagination, IMO.

It's a golden age for bullshit.

There's an old saying: there's no atheists in a fox hole. To me, that just shows as people get more and more panicked, mo threatened, the more religious they get. That's what we're seeing now.

Yes that was my thought too. When we (as a species) feel threatened we become more rabbid (radical, fanatical). I think that is what we are seeing. I also think that those who live with their faith and are decent people (regardless of that faith) are pushing back and are making an effort to distance themselves from the more radical, destructive religions.

Yes. Who owns mainstream media? The elites. Who thinks that religion is good for the little people, gives them something to believe in while they're being done over? The elites. It's everywhere, from TV shows, movies, to anchors on TV prattling on about Faith and how they went to church on Sunday. It's a level above subliminal but below in your face, in the background all the time: Religion is good. Religious people can be trusted. They are good people. Being religious is normal means you're a better person. This is what the elites peddle, in the culture, in the entertainment, in the political debates. It's vile, phoney and insidious, but it's one of the ways elites rule.

That good ol profit motive

Gaawd is everywhere in the media. 😟 They're pandering to Chump's followers and the religious right despite the decline in church attendance. It drives me nuts. I keep yelling at the TV. Gerrrrrrr

Im yelling right there with you!

You mean god didn't friend you? No, I see it more and more too. It's not healthy, IMHO.

Not healthy at all.

I think it is always there but that maybe you are more attuned to it now...I rarely watch tv except for specific shows (GoT)...yeah, moderators, talk shows, etc. all seem to mention some form of faith, miracle, God, etc. It is not your imagination.

It is scary. Indoctrination by brainwashing. It becomes normal and gains strength over time. Dare I mention Margaret Attwoods A Hand Maids Tale?

It's not just you, and it's not just your imagination.
The believers know they're losing numbers.
They're trying to recruit.

yep

All these cults aka religions are evangelistic!

It just one big Ponzi scheme so a few men can recruit new moronic idiots, so they can grow rich and state to their flocks look at me you made me rich by following me!

Hence they took and feel they must be above you and I as a living god!

LMAO!

I don't really watch TV at home, but religious saying are inundated around me. Even trucks have some sort of religious saying printed on their trailer.
The TV channel at work (yes, there is a TV on the break room) is always on and showing programs that are so silly, I can't believe they exist. Sometimes there are soap operas and other shows that play and they always mention god or religious terminology.
The billboards from I-10 and I-75 (in FL) are overloaded with anti-abortion propaganda.

That's the South I remember urrgh!

Seems many here are mentioning god, alot of the time,.....can't think of another non-existing thing that get bantered about so much.

Probably because we are drowning in its pervasiveness. (is that even a word?)

@patchoullijulie certainly, and an apt one

I would not know. I haven’t watched broadcast TV in years.

My hero ?

@patchoullijulie It’s not uncommon these days. My brother & son are the same way. YouTube & Netfix are all we watch.

@indirect76 only Netflix and Prime here. I am still on Facebook and notice some intense religious messages lately. My relatives are pious as hell.

@indirect76 I play a lot of Sudoku!

I quit watching the Today Show because of their extensive pushing of religion. It is really getting offensive.

Yep, I change the channel.

Certainly true. I saw ABC National News w/ David Muir promoting "a miracle" somewhere down south. Right out of the playbook.....

Yes, there is NOT a liberal media. At least not in America

twill Level 7 May 16, 2019

I see this happening also. Are people promoting Trumpism and using a god to invite you into this new reality? Maybe some people actually see reality and are trying to invite you out of the insanity. If so, making up lies about an invisible being in the sky is not helping anyone. Enough of that goes on daily with an visible being that many of us want to become invisible, or just otherwise go away. Gods are not involved either way. Our world changed in 2016.

The religious Reich is dying and this is their last gasp to take over the country....

Wow, are they stupid!

Nope. Not your imagination. Just ask the temptations.🤣

🤣 not running away from me then?

So is shit!
So is nitrogen!
So is arsenic in trace amounts!
Shall we worship these items also!

Huh? You lost me!

@patchoullijulie I think he was just stating that God is in these places as well. So he was asking should we worship the items as well.

@MrChange Yep I see that now that it is pointed out. Thanks.

I don't watch mainstream tv but yes the right has been putting more and more pressure on them to be more Christian. If they have their way there will be only religious content. They want a society like Iran in reality only Christian rather than Muslim. There has been little to no pressure coming from the left so the right slowly wears them down. Just like Fox changed the news on every station from the same kind of pressure. The left will keep losing ground as long as they remain silent and refuse to apply pressure. This is the main reason every thing is slowly drifting to the religious side. Thankfully Trump has woke up many but they still do not use the tactics the right uses so well. Until the left fights back on the same organized level with their tactics I think we will continue to lose ground to them.

Yep. The cults are quietly taking over.

I don't watch anything with commercials, outside of Amazon Prime commercials which I click through as quickly as possible. So it's Netflix and Prime for me. I do closely monitor The Guardian.

Yes, lots of new movies coming out geared towards God and faith. I believe more in Science and so it is annoying for me. But, I guess it makes for a good story right?! Sort of like the bible. It's a great story but not a lot of evidence to support any of it.

Well, day before yesterday was Easter after all.

But also, at least America seems to be disintegrating. Half of the sheep are being told that their racism will be supported and the other half are being told it is the end of our country. And none of them know where to turn. There's a lot of unconfident, desperate, people grasping even for lame answers these days.

I hope we all survive it.

Yep pretty much

I noticed that too.

Oh okay...then it's not just me!

God created man, and man invented the devil, gave him a title and a full time job..

You are correct, the religious gang is gaining ascendancy.

?

That would be a part of his omnipresence

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336474
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.