Agnostic.com

75 6

Has anyone ever had an encounter with a celebrity?

Redcupcoffee 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was shooting stills on a TV special with Dick Van Dyke. He was pleasant, and quiet, off set.
And I built mechanical effects for a donut commercial with Gary Burghoff. He was bawdy, loud, and sidesplittingly funny, the diametric opposite of Radar. He has a withered left hand, usually covered by a clipboard or such in M.A.S.H.

skado Level 9 Apr 12, 2018

I've worked with minor celebrities, as an actor.

At a nightclub I once worked at, The Ivanhoe, I met several muscicians. But Tom Waites was quite memorable as his curtain call had gone out & he was no where to be found. The scramble began, & then we got the call. He had been arrested as a vagrant outside the theatre.

Eugene McCarthy. Where would we be now if......

Too many times and with too many 'kinds' to even remember them all unless asked; bringing the memory to the 'fore'. I started listing once in answer to a similar question and had to keep returning to add names; finally gave up. Most of the encounters were either waiting on them once or as them being regular customers or at their funerals. It really makes visiting a cemetery an interesting philosophical exercise, for example: Sinatra is buried very near Jimmy van Heusen (Chester).

Only steps away from their markers are many more identical ones, save inscribed names and epitaphs, over people the world little knew. Some were merchants, children who didn't make it, life-long 'invalids, insane people, everyday moms, dads, cousins etc. who never left any significant mark on the world. The place just feels a very quiet - equalizing - destination for all when the party is over.

As a mail carrier I delivered an Express Mail to Marlo Thomas. She was polite but abrupt.
Also Donald Rumsfeld. I wished I had kicked him in the leg. =0}

It is to us to grant the priviledge. Sometimes I refuse to acknowledge. Nothing personal. Latest... less than 2 weeks ago I flew on the same small plane as jeb bush. Miami-Jacksonville. Ignored. In a different story line, he could be president by now and then again....

I shook hands with Trent Reznor at a Lords of Acid concert when I was 19. His hair fell in my face as he leaned in to hear my name. I could have died a happy woman! I've also met Stephen Root "I believe you stole my stapler" from Office Space at the New Orleans airport. He was super nice. Met Freddy Rodriguez from 6 Feet Under while he was getting a to-go order at a restaurant I worked at while filming in our town, and also met Diedrich Bader (actor/comedian) while he was filming nearby. He was drunk and friendly. And very tall!

Depends on what you deem a celebrity, I've met many well known scientist and outspoken atheist activists. People who are on TV or movies don't interest me though some musicians do and quite a few comedians. But pretty much all the people on my list of people who I want to meet are scientists, of whom I have met quite a few, even shared a dance floor with Lawrence Krauss, got to hang with Bil Nye, shook Neil Degrasse Tyson's hand, spent some time with Jerry Coyne, spoke to Richard Dawkins. Still really want to meet Brian Cox and Sean Carroll.
Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. But I've shaken Donald Trumps hand and I was not impressed then and I'm less impressed now.

@Redcupcoffee limp. I was part of an episode of Celebrity Apprentice. That's me in the corner and Trump right in the center.

@Redcupcoffee I did not take advantage of the photo op, had no interest in having a photo with him, though I was there with coworkers and they did. The picture is a screenshot from the episode I worked on, I am a display designer and did the 7-up display for their challenge.

Eeww! Did you sanitize your hand after? =0}

From left, me, Simon Bisley, and Glenn Danzig.

Oh yeah and Leonard Cohen,but it was his concert so doesn't really count.Definitely an emotional encoynter

Bob geldoff and his center spread girl on the underground in London. More than once cos he lived there.all you could see was legs and hair.

Many times. Hv live in La and nyc and they r everywhere

Richard Karn (Al Borland of Home Improvement). Met at a High School reunion for a woman I was dating. He seems to enjoy people and making them happy. As far as I can tell he uses his celebrity for worthy causes. But that's impressions from a 30 minute acquaintance. I hope he can maintain a positive personality for longer than that, I know I would find it difficult.

I've met many famous people: I'll start with Bill clinton, senator Durbin, Tom Postin, Richie Havens, Peter Brown, Charles Barkley, Micheal cooper, Robert Guilliume (Played Benson), Johm Amos, Goldy Hawn. Rev. Tutu, Gary busy, Mohamod Ali, George savales, Sally struthers, Beverly Owen (from the Munsters) Sally Struthers, Ron Howard, and many more

I ran into Don King in a local grocery store, he would wave and say hello to everyone who looked in his direction.

I worked at the Grand Canyon for many years. I met and saw plenty. I still think Bill Clinton and Oprah were my highlights.

Yes, I was the costumer for a play with Lorretta Swit. She was very nice. Toby Keith is an asshole.

About 5 yrs ago I was at the bar at a restaurant in my neighborhood I used to walk to for a glass of wine when my boyfriend had to work weekends. There was a basketball game going on and there was a man a few chairs down the bar from me who was interested in it. He was rather attractive I noticed as he'd glance and smile at me every once in a while as he was also listening to the funny story that I was telling the bartender who knew me as a regular. Then, as time went on the man started making comments to me about the game or responding to something I said. He turned to smile at me and then stopped watching the game and turned to me to chat. He asked where I was from and asked what I did for work since I was talking about work with the bartender. I noticed the young man appeared to have mascara on. I thought it odd. I asked him what he was doing in New Mexico and he told me he was here on business. He wasn't terribly chatty, but it seemed he was interested in speaking with "the locals " and asked questions as such. Then, a woman walked up to him and whispered something to him that I couldn't hear. She then stood next to the man and took a selfie of them together. After that he paid his tab and said that it was nice meeting me and chatting with me, shook my hand good bye and he left. A group at a table who were apparently watching him and watching me got my attention and I turned toward the table. A young woman in the group said "I know why he liked you. You are a very pretty lady!". I didn't understand and a young man in the group asked me if I knew who the man was. I said that I didnt. The young woman shouted out "He was Jason Priestley!". I didn't know him, though I'd heard of his celebrity. You see, I never watched a single "Beverly Hills 90210". I did not own a TV for 18 years. During the years of when that show was popular.

When I was in grade school one of my teachers daughters was getting married to John Davison from That's incredible TV series, Just so happen I had alos seen him at the Wesminister mall shopping. My science teacher when I was a freshman in highschool was a 3rd string Raider. When I was in the service Khrystyne Haje from The TV show Head of The Class was on tour with the USO she and I bumped into each literally when I was taking over the watch on the quarter deck.

I went to the '04 vma's and saw coolio walking upstairs afterward. went up to him as I was talking to my sis on the phone. he said hi to my sis, shook my hand. seemed like a cool guy.

Ran into Donald Sutherland at the airport in Paris. We'd both lost luggage. Very nice guy we talked for 20 minutes then they found my bags. He even said it was nice to chat while we waited lol.

I went thru basic training with Drew Cary . But that was before he became famous .
I also almost got run over by Kieth Richards in his Rolls Royce while j walking in Seattle in the mid 90's.
I used to get high with one of the girls that played Tabatha on Bewitched .
I sat at a table with Carol Kane at a Moody Blues concert in Las Vagas in the 90's .
When you travel , you meet people I could go on all night , but I got to go to bed .

Dougy Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

One of the girls in my sports team is a kid's cable TV show presenter and voice actor. D-list celebrity, I think.

And a couple of times a very long time ago.
1: During the lunch break of the taping of a sports TV show, one of the best half-backs in rugby league, his nickname is "the King", of the time came up to us with "What's up, guys?" It was awkward because we didn't interact with him. We were teenagers. He is still a big deal now. Everyone knows who King Wally is. Definitely an A-lister - but only in the world of rugby league.

2: I shared a cab from a party in the suburbs back to the city with a girl who turned out to be a presenter in one of Disney's saturday TV kids show. I didn't know who she was. She literally asked me: "Don't you know who I am?". Another D-lister, I think.

I met Celine Dion, my friend's BF was head of security for Air Canada which is the airline that flies her all over the place. anyway, we were brought in a side door at the arena, backstage and drank a bit of (a lot of) coctails. We were then herded into another room where we met her, had photos taken with her as well. She was very nice, so thin and looked gorgeous. We watched her concert from the 3rd row.

@Redcupcoffee i know right? she looks amazing! and I saw her in person, she looks better than on TV! crazy huh?

I had lunch with Twisted Sister in Spain... Dee Snyder is actually the quiet one in the group. They were doing a USO tour and their plane broke down. I tried to offer them a ride on mine but I couldn't quite work the details out, so they stayed in Spain and we moved on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.