Agnostic.com

75 6

Has anyone ever had an encounter with a celebrity?

Redcupcoffee 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep! I met Gene Simmons in the LA Farmer's market back in 2014 and had the opportunity to have a short conversation with him and his wife. Even got our picture taken.

@Redcupcoffee He was honestly one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was on an honest family outing and was avoiding getting recognized but treated myself and my friend with so much respect. Can't judge a person based on their public persona.

@Redcupcoffee Nope, completely real ahahaha Very wiry considering he's probably greying

Knowing that he is a trump supporter, do you feel a bit sick now ? I feel sorry for Shannon Tweed, but she knows what she married. $$$

@Funeralgirl No I don't, because I liked him for his music. Nice try though!!

did he show you his tongue?

@SeeCanU Sadly no ahahaha

@RachelLiz glad you like him, I find him disgusting, however I like his daughter, she is a good person. I appreciate good and decent people like Sophie.

@Funeralgirl good for you. If you don't like him you didn't have to reply to my comment.

I went to high school with Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid). It was a large school and I only saw him in passing.

I saw Melissa Harris Perry walking Uptown in New Orleans.

I met and took a picture with Rachel Maddow at the Pride Festival in Seattle when she was only radio famous. That's back when Rush Limbaugh was known to say "Rachel Maddow?!?! Whoever heard of Rachel Maddow?!?!" So, I made a sign for the parade that had that on it.

@Redcupcoffee I think we'd be tied for that post, Red. LOL! 🙂 She's adorable! And, my partner and I kept running into her after the parade and I remember saying "Really, I'm not stalking you." She's super tall, very androgynous (as you know, since you've watched her show and seen her without makeup), very friendly and I was super duper nervous because I think she's the smartest, sexiest woman alive. Really.

Did you listen to her on Air America Radio? That's where I first "met" her.

Then I dragged a non-political non-news junkie friend to a Town Hall in Seattle where she was on the panel. I don't think she does those kinds of things anymore -- it would be cool if she does. Would be a good meetup!

@Redcupcoffee LOL!!! I like that she and Susan have been together for so long (including since before I met her in 2005), but if anything ever happened to them, totally make your move. 🙂

@Redcupcoffee

@Redcupcoffee 13 years ago and I was about 30 pounds heavier.

Who doesnt love Rachel Maddox, I love her, never miss her show!

I once saw Rick Astley in the back of a limo on the motorway.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

I cannot deside if that's a true story, or you are just building up for an elaborate Rick Roll. I've been hurt before!

Haha i love it!

This better not be a Rick Roll... -_-

R2D2's secret message

@JeffB @NeoXerops Genuinely a true story!

Depends on what you deem a celebrity, I've met many well known scientist and outspoken atheist activists. People who are on TV or movies don't interest me though some musicians do and quite a few comedians. But pretty much all the people on my list of people who I want to meet are scientists, of whom I have met quite a few, even shared a dance floor with Lawrence Krauss, got to hang with Bil Nye, shook Neil Degrasse Tyson's hand, spent some time with Jerry Coyne, spoke to Richard Dawkins. Still really want to meet Brian Cox and Sean Carroll.
Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. But I've shaken Donald Trumps hand and I was not impressed then and I'm less impressed now.

@Redcupcoffee limp. I was part of an episode of Celebrity Apprentice. That's me in the corner and Trump right in the center.

@Redcupcoffee I did not take advantage of the photo op, had no interest in having a photo with him, though I was there with coworkers and they did. The picture is a screenshot from the episode I worked on, I am a display designer and did the 7-up display for their challenge.

Eeww! Did you sanitize your hand after? =0}

I met Tom Hanks and his wife and son at a wedding. Steve Forbes came to my company to ask the CEO for a contribution, and he and I relieved ourselves in adjacent urinals. I encountered John Lennon and Harry Nilsson, both thoroughly drunk, at a night club in Philly. I say next to Slim Pickens on a flight from Denver to Wyoming. And I shook hands with Gary Hart, Wilt Chamberlain, and John Kerry, all on separate occasions.

I was friends with Harry's son Zac. After John died Harry and Ringo-Zac's father were best buds-here's pic at Ringo's house with Zac, Harry and my ex husbands band-1994

pic below

Whoa, that is so cool!!

Before they were famous-as a college student met fellow student and aspiring comedien Jay Leno in Boston.

Personal encounters: Herb Reed of the Platters, Chilites, Luther Johnson, Bob Dylan, ElliotGould, Phyllis Diller, Michael Ontkean, John Cullum, Diane Lane, Howard Dean, Christopher Lawford, SamJones-Boston Celtics, Marcus Haynes-former Globetrotter/Magician. Steve Nelson, Bill Lenkitis (NE Patriots).

Almost forgot-worked with Marie Osmond 7 years ago And Livingston Taylor talkedto at small coffeehouse Folkway in Peterborough,NH

You had me at Jay Leno, I LOVE him!!!!!!

I met Polly Mellon , a former member of The Platters . She had organized PRYDE , a troubled youth organization here in WV & other states .

He was tall and had a really pointy chin. I was 19? He tried to ask me out to dinner and I said no.

I once met Kevin Bacon. He was real nice. Kevin Sorbo once before he became a religious weirdo. Gladys Knight was awesome. Penn and Teller separately both real nice guys.

I'd love to sit down and have a chat with Penn Jillette. He's cool.

i went to penn and teller's show in vegas. teller seemed genuinely nice but penn seemed like he was forcing himself to smile. they DO put on a good show.

In 1972, I had a beer with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull in the Sandbox in Schwabing, Munich. He appreciated talking to somebody speaking English and was a real gentleman.
Later that year, a friend introduced me to Ravi Shankar in Amsterdam. Also a very nice man.

Very envious. I'm a huge fan of Ian Anderson.

@Otterpop He was not at all like his stage personna. Told me about is farm up in Scotland, said I resembled his wife. Not sure if that was a compliment or not. LOL.

A few years ago I was working security at The Hyatt in Albuquerque and the front desk had me bring up a bag to Jonathan Banks when he was filming his final part in Breaking Bad. That was pretty cool.

Same. I've just about been everywhere in this state at some point lol.

None other than Rowan Atkinson. Blackadder or Mr. Bean, for those who only know his performances. He's an alumnus of my old school. At the school's last speech day before it closed, he came as guest speaker. I'd won the French and Spanish prizes for my year, and as I came to get my prizes off the big man, he said to me as I was shaking his hand, "So you're the master of languages?" I replied, "All the better to rule the world, sir." He chuckled.

I elicited a chuckle from one of the greatest living comedians. Whether it was sincere or not, I'm proud of it.

So lucky, i just love him

Years ago, I was delivering pizza to the Civic Center, opened the door, and almost crashed right into Bonnie Raitt.
Met Alan Alda at a coffee shop.
Met Flava Flav at a mall in NC.
Met Stedman(Oprah's BF)at a night club in NC.
Shook hands with Ted Kennedy.

I DID write a book. Just not about celebrities! LOL

I met Celine Dion, my friend's BF was head of security for Air Canada which is the airline that flies her all over the place. anyway, we were brought in a side door at the arena, backstage and drank a bit of (a lot of) coctails. We were then herded into another room where we met her, had photos taken with her as well. She was very nice, so thin and looked gorgeous. We watched her concert from the 3rd row.

@Redcupcoffee i know right? she looks amazing! and I saw her in person, she looks better than on TV! crazy huh?

Yes loads 🙂 a personal friend is a WEC race team owner/driver. I am an MSA scruitineer so I've done the world rally in the UK and met all the drivers. I've been taken up the Goodwood hill in a Morgan aero 350 driven by Charles Morgan himself. I've met Billy Connoly, Jake Humphrey's, Stirling moss......and that's just for starters 🙂

AdieG Level 4 Mar 7, 2018

Oh and I've met Muggs from Cypress hill and smoked a joint with the Cat from Red Dwarf (back in my youth)

I sliced a loaf of bread for Radar from M.A.S.H. at work, also ran into the former guitarist of Hatebreed there

As well as several meet and greets with many bands

Terry Ferril from Deep Space 9, et. al. at a Star Trek convention.

Film score composer and founder of Oingo Boingo, Danny Elfman at the same Star Trek convention.

Frank Zappa at a formal dinner at my college fraternity.

Walking out of a 7-11, Tommy Kaverick from Kamelot and Seventh Wonder.

The current line up of Dragonforce at a meet and greet prior to their show in Denver.

Many and for several different reasons. Dad was a fairly successful songwriter in Hollywood and I worked with him for a few years. I was involved in amateur road racing for a while. I was a folksinger for a few years. University level activities and associations in physics and astronomy. Alongside my career as a naval architect, I engaged in the design and construction of custom yachts for a number of years. So, yes, lots of opportunities to be in the right place to deal with celebs of many kinds.

that's freak'n cool!

I have had many. I worked in radio in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I've met, hung out with, and partied with more than I can even remember. Yes, I lived a fantasy life. It was a lot of fun.

Celebrities are just people who were in the right place at the right time. They put on their pants one leg at a time, eat, shit, and do everything the same as the rest of us.

@LimeySteve -- In many cases, not quite the same -- but, yeah, in essence. LOL....

I met Jared Leto years ago after a 30 Seconds to Mars concert. He was clearly in a rush do it was a but disappointing. I also briefly met Kane Hodder at Rock & Shock back in October and he's a super nice guy.

He is sooo pretty

I met and hung out with Bono from U2 in Perth, Australia in 1989. I was living there at the time. He came into the night club I used to go to. We danced, he bought me a drink and we conversed for about half an hour. He was really nice. It was a great experience, especially since I was a huge fan.

OMG!

I had lunch with Twisted Sister in Spain... Dee Snyder is actually the quiet one in the group. They were doing a USO tour and their plane broke down. I tried to offer them a ride on mine but I couldn't quite work the details out, so they stayed in Spain and we moved on.

About 5 yrs ago I was at the bar at a restaurant in my neighborhood I used to walk to for a glass of wine when my boyfriend had to work weekends. There was a basketball game going on and there was a man a few chairs down the bar from me who was interested in it. He was rather attractive I noticed as he'd glance and smile at me every once in a while as he was also listening to the funny story that I was telling the bartender who knew me as a regular. Then, as time went on the man started making comments to me about the game or responding to something I said. He turned to smile at me and then stopped watching the game and turned to me to chat. He asked where I was from and asked what I did for work since I was talking about work with the bartender. I noticed the young man appeared to have mascara on. I thought it odd. I asked him what he was doing in New Mexico and he told me he was here on business. He wasn't terribly chatty, but it seemed he was interested in speaking with "the locals " and asked questions as such. Then, a woman walked up to him and whispered something to him that I couldn't hear. She then stood next to the man and took a selfie of them together. After that he paid his tab and said that it was nice meeting me and chatting with me, shook my hand good bye and he left. A group at a table who were apparently watching him and watching me got my attention and I turned toward the table. A young woman in the group said "I know why he liked you. You are a very pretty lady!". I didn't understand and a young man in the group asked me if I knew who the man was. I said that I didnt. The young woman shouted out "He was Jason Priestley!". I didn't know him, though I'd heard of his celebrity. You see, I never watched a single "Beverly Hills 90210". I did not own a TV for 18 years. During the years of when that show was popular.

Yes, I was the costumer for a play with Lorretta Swit. She was very nice. Toby Keith is an asshole.

At a nightclub I once worked at, The Ivanhoe, I met several muscicians. But Tom Waites was quite memorable as his curtain call had gone out & he was no where to be found. The scramble began, & then we got the call. He had been arrested as a vagrant outside the theatre.

Eugene McCarthy. Where would we be now if......

I was shooting stills on a TV special with Dick Van Dyke. He was pleasant, and quiet, off set.
And I built mechanical effects for a donut commercial with Gary Burghoff. He was bawdy, loud, and sidesplittingly funny, the diametric opposite of Radar. He has a withered left hand, usually covered by a clipboard or such in M.A.S.H.

skado Level 9 Apr 12, 2018

A couple, but the funniest was when I was in Nashville for a seminar in the late '90s. When I left the airport terminal there were limos everywhere. I didn't pay much attention to their passengers.

A lady at the hotel, told me that the country music awards were that night. Apparently, I bumped Michael Bolton when I got off the elevator.

I don't know anything about country music, so I have no clue how many celebrities I saw at the airport.

JimG Level 8 Mar 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.