Agnostic.com

42 5

How much sleep do you get?

And how often do you get it?

I live on the west coast US and I know I am a world away from many people on this site. I see posts at all hours and wonder, does anyone sleep?

• 5 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 34 votes
  • 37 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 4 votes
Akfishlady 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sleep deprivation leads to a myriad of health issues. Therefore, everyone should make it a priority to get enough sleep. As a rule, I get between 7-9 hours a night. Sleep disorders and chronic sleep loss can put you at risk for: Heart disease, Heart attack, Heart failure, Irregular heartbeat, High blood pressure, Stroke, and Diabetes.

[webmd.com]

I am living on borrowed time 😟

@HippieChick58 I should give died in the 80's.

Try to get 8-9hrs. but hasn't been happening lately with all the drama and stress.

@Akfishlady Yeah, that's something I try too. What really helps is if got back into daily meditation and put the phone down too. 😉

Depression has always had a weird, almost random effect on my sleep patterns. For exaple, this last week I slept 6 hours a night for 3 nights before being woken up by it's effects and then after that I only slept 4 hours waking due to the depressions usual intense impact. But last night however, I went to bed at around 4pm (I work graves) and didn't wake until 10am this morning. I didn't wake feeling depressed as usual which is always great, but man, this sleep pattern is weird. I always having to set multiple alarms just in case.

It's entirely random and determined by my neurochemistry, which means I don't have a circadian rhythm, I have a circadian drum solo. Narcolepsy sucks.

Have you ever heard the phrase "I will get sleep when I die" I think most of my life my body and mind have been riding that wave.

Never enough, even if I sleep for nine hours (which I last did in about 1986.)

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

Most often 7-8 hours. Occasionally 8.5 - 9.5 hours, depending on life. I try to keep generally the same sleep schedule, even on days off from work.

What is sleep?

Okay, normally I sleep 3 - 4 hours, but once a week I sleep for 8-10 to catch up.

JimG Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

Running on a deficit today. Her Royal Cuteness got me up at 4:30 am.

I usually get about 6 to 7 but my posts are at 4 am because I get up at 3am

I have dogs. They bark for entertainment at random times. The excuses vary from the postman to plastic bags blowing down the street. I sleep between dog barking parties.

I try to at least get 6 on my work days, on my days off I snooze until I'm ready to get up.

...and naps during the day. I am retired!

Not enough M-F.

I fit in 2 categories there. As long as my meds are working and I'm not recovering from an injury or infection, I get right around 6 hours. Without meds, it is zero. When my meds stop working so well, it's under 6 and often broken if I get more than 2 hours. After my concussion, I was out a good 10-11 hours a day for months. Most injuries or general infections give me between 8-9 hours. Last night I got 6 hours and 15 minutes.

"Sleep, those little slices of death - oh how I loathe them." Prolly the only place where Poe and I share ground. Left to my own devices, I would sleep when exhausted as I eat when starving.

Varies but I do notice that I feel better if I get 7.5 or more.

I get 4-6 hours sleep during the week and 6-8 on the weekends. I always have trouble falling asleep. I never seem to get enough.

We are lucky that orangeman has not found us!!!! I am sure he would want in his christian way to shut us down>>

I suffer from a mild form of bipolar and its important that I get the right amount of sleep. Not too much and certainly not too little as it leaves me vulnerable to 'episodes'

I need a minimum of 6, but never more than 8.

Some days I sleep 20 hours some weeks I sleep 5 shitty hours

4 to 6 on a really good night.

Varies since retirement-my own schedule-

7 to 7 and a half hours typically sees me ready for what's ahead. If I've been working hard, it turns into 8.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.