Agnostic.com

42 5

How much sleep do you get?

And how often do you get it?

I live on the west coast US and I know I am a world away from many people on this site. I see posts at all hours and wonder, does anyone sleep?

• 5 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 34 votes
  • 37 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 4 votes
Akfishlady 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Varies since retirement-my own schedule-

I get 4-6 hours sleep during the week and 6-8 on the weekends. I always have trouble falling asleep. I never seem to get enough.

I fit in 2 categories there. As long as my meds are working and I'm not recovering from an injury or infection, I get right around 6 hours. Without meds, it is zero. When my meds stop working so well, it's under 6 and often broken if I get more than 2 hours. After my concussion, I was out a good 10-11 hours a day for months. Most injuries or general infections give me between 8-9 hours. Last night I got 6 hours and 15 minutes.

I try to at least get 6 on my work days, on my days off I snooze until I'm ready to get up.

I lay down in plenty of time to get of sleep 7-8 hours, but I can't get my brain to shut down, so it's usually more like 5-6.

I usually sleep 6-7 hours but prefer to sleep 8-9 hours when I can.

I have issues sleeping. I find it's better for me to get either 6 or 10 hours. Anything in between sucks

Not enough

4 to 6 on a really good night.

Some days I sleep 20 hours some weeks I sleep 5 shitty hours

I suffer from a mild form of bipolar and its important that I get the right amount of sleep. Not too much and certainly not too little as it leaves me vulnerable to 'episodes'

We are lucky that orangeman has not found us!!!! I am sure he would want in his christian way to shut us down>>

Try to get 8-9hrs. but hasn't been happening lately with all the drama and stress.

@Akfishlady Yeah, that's something I try too. What really helps is if got back into daily meditation and put the phone down too. 😉

"Sleep, those little slices of death - oh how I loathe them." Prolly the only place where Poe and I share ground. Left to my own devices, I would sleep when exhausted as I eat when starving.

Not enough M-F.

I have dogs. They bark for entertainment at random times. The excuses vary from the postman to plastic bags blowing down the street. I sleep between dog barking parties.

What is sleep?

Okay, normally I sleep 3 - 4 hours, but once a week I sleep for 8-10 to catch up.

JimG Level 8 Mar 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.