Agnostic.com

5 0

LINK The Mueller Report Indicts the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory | The Nation

"In the end, Mueller’s report shows that the Trump-Russia collusion narrative embraced and evangelized by the US political and media establishment to be a work of fiction. The American public was presented with a far different picture because leading pundits, outlets, and politicians ignored the countervailing facts and promoted maximalist interpretations of the remaining ones. Anonymous officials also leaked explosive yet uncorroborated claims, leaving behind many stories that were subsequently discredited, retracted, or remain unconfirmed to this day.

It is too early to assess the damage that influential Russiagate promoters have done to their own reputations; to public confidence in our democratic system and media; and to the prospects of defeating Trump, who always stood to benefit if the all-consuming conspiracy theory ultimately collapsed. With Mueller’s report, the collapse has now arrived, and the scale of the wreckage may prove to be the ultimate Russiagate scandal."

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, a question for all those claiming Russian collusion has been established. Why then wouldn't Speaker Pelosit support impeachment? Doesn't she care about protecting our democracy from foreign interference (as long as that doesn't include Israel, of course)?

Guilty everyone knows that

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 26, 2019

Of a lot of things to be sure, but the claim that Hillary lost because of Russia is just so much smoke and mirrors.

Another denier of the obvious. Do not even need the report to see the unethical and immoral behavior. what does this say about the morals and ethics of those that still support him.

No support for Cheetolini here. That came from Team Hillary. She played chicken with the fate of the nation in her pursuit of power... and lost. Trump is the giant shit sandwich we're all having to take a bit of because of that gamble.

Bust him for the undeniable criminal shit he's done, but the phony Russiagate narrative only gives his rabid supporters a cause to scream "fake news!" despite the rest of Dolt 45's numerous lies.

@WilliamCharles Denier of the obvious.

@t1nick

Gaslight on, Hoss.

@WilliamCharles Yeah, you guys are really good at that

@t1nick spoken like a true gaslighter.

To paraphrase Joseph Goebbels -

"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."

[skeptics.stackexchange.com]

@WilliamCharles Nice quote. Your side is closer to Goebbels than my group. In case you havent been paying attention, that's just about all your side has been doing for the last two and one years. All you guys can do is holler, "Same to you but more of it!"

Its so sad, the ethics, morals and values you guys have had to sacrifice to prop up Trump. And what's even sadder is you don't even realize it. Your side is totally bankrupt of anything resembling decency or moral capital. On top of that you've let this fool destroy your Party, and again you do even realize it. So sad.

@t1nick the fact that you somehow think "my side" is propping up Trump shows you're either a willfully ignorant or purposely deceptive. You even fail to see the irony of pushing the same discredited bullshit over and over again.

Saying Trump us corrupt as fuck is in no way propping him up (except maybe to the clueless). Are you stoned or just stupid? Go after him for the criminal things he's done, not the bullshit propping up Team Hillary's bogus face-saving attempt narrative of how she'd be president today if it weren't for those gosh darned Russians.

@WilliamCharles
Do you have trouble with all strong women or are you just singling Clinton out specifically. For your info I do not smoke (anything) or drink so when I say you are deluded, its totallty straight and sober. More than I guess you can claim most times.

@t1nick

Strong women are great. Tulsi comes to mind. Corrupt people I have a problem with, whatever gender. Hillary was lacking in integrity.

That is my private and public position.

@WilliamCharles Let me back up. Your reading of the Mueller report is very off base in my opinion. Obstruction of Justice was well documented in Chapter Two of the report.

The Russian connection was incomplete. There was there there, just not enough to bring a incontrovertible slam dunk felony conviction. There is so much baggage around Trump, the run up to the election, and Hillary that I personally ferl that Mueller tread too lightly and kit gloved.

As far as Hillary goes, the Democrats and the Republicans ran the most sexist campaign against her of almost any candidate in our living memory. She was so much more accountable and unfairly scrutinized than any candidate before, or after.

I wouldn't vote for Hillary. She is a flawed candidate, some her own doing, some done against her. Yes Tulsi is intriguing, but doesn't have the support to stay the course. I like Kamala and Klobechar. Warren is by far the best female politician, but has the same type of baggage with that was her created by Trump that he created for Hillary

@t1nick you make my point then. The collusion is not established, though there were months and months of claiming just that. The obstruction is there.

As far as you having the freedom to pick and choose which women politicians you like/dislike and not be tagged a woman hater... it must be nice.

I have blowhards stating I have a problem with strong women. Once they're called on that, they backpedal.

@WilliamCharles
Im not back petaling because I wrong. I just came out of the gate too strong. My bad. Hillary is past history for the foreseeable future. The emnity that males in paricular, heaped upon Hillary quite frequently emanates from men that are intimidated by strong women. If you are not, good for you, and I jumped the gun. It happens and is not a good practice. I have had more correct observations than not, I erred.

Because there is not enough evidence for Muller to bring criminal charges that would stick does in no way prove the opposite. There was intent on Don Jr’s. part but he was pretty much ruled too stupid to be indicted. Muller could not reliably determine Manafort’s purpose in sharing which would be very hard to do in court, determining purpose, even if true. Trump added to speculation by making sure all dialogue with Putin was destroyed. As far as the Steele Dossier being fiction, that is news to me. From what I’ve heard most has been borne out as true, finding something in error in a document, does in no way make the whole document erroneous. Nobody other than Trump has done more to fan the flames with his actions and I see no collapse of this idea arriving now or any time soon.

gearl Level 8 Apr 26, 2019

Trump has acted in ways many times not in the interests of Russia, but he's still portrayed as Putin's puppet. Trump being a corrupt sleazeball does not automatically confirm the Russiagate narrative.

As far as threats to our democracy, I would rank the 2016 Democratic primary shenanigans and GOP voter suppression much higher than Russisn troll farm memes. And virtually nothing has been done about either of those things.

@Novelty Putin is actually doing some heroic things. Supporting Syria in the face of American instigated terrorism is one. Not letting Venezuala be bullied by US warmongers is another.

Could give a fuck otherwise what comes out of the Mango Manchild's piehole.

@Novelty

Our "buddies" in the KofSA just did some seriously fucked up shit, but crickets on that. You pick the battles important to you, umkay? I've no need to sign on to your particular agenda.

@Novelty if I give you the courtesy of a response, how about the courtesy of a reaction, eh? I'm working towards the t-shirt.

Thanks in advance.

There is no doubt that Trump is corrupt AF, but this snipe hunt may result in giving Cheetolini a 2nd term, courtesy of the same damn folks who managed to put him in office in the first place.

Heckuva job, DNC.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:337645
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.