Agnostic.com

16 5

Minimalism, environmentalism, consumerism, transcendentalism, Platonist, naturalist, romanticist or another catch term.

Where do you define your beliefs? Do you fall into this spectrum?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Technically I suppose I'm a philosophical naturalist, skeptic, and rationlist. But I'm probably not going to satisfy a purist view of any of those things. I'm not extreme but I wouldn't say I'm a consistent centrist in all things. Politically I am pretty liberal. Fiscally I'm more centrist. I suppose my atheism would be considered extreme by a lot of people but I see it as a natural outgrowth of skepticism.

Just your run of the mill weirdo

Definitely a minimalist; don't have much use for a lot of "stuff." I don't consider it a belief, necessarily, more like a philosophical bent, I suppose.

Environmentalist, naturalist, humanist and minimalist.

gearl Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

I'm trending towards miminalism and environmentalism, I'm not sure what a romanticist is.

@ArashL Thanks for the enlightenment!

@DangerDave 🙂

Minimalist/environmentalist

I don't believe. I just am....

My beliefs are predicated on informed imperical data. So... Whatever category that fits under.

Swype is not often my friend. I'm interested as to what data you think I have from this one very simple statement that is being brought into question though. Also, if you want to jump on the grammar nazi wagon, sentences start with a capital letter. Oh well.

Existentialism

Environmentalism, naturalist

Beliefs? I don't believe I have any. I do tend toward minimalism because I've found that things own me as much as I own them. I also like the idea of kharma in a practical sort of way .... If you produce a lot of waste, you tend to walk around in a lot of waste, etc. So I guess I'm lacking a good definition of what a belief is exactly.

Ummm Humanist..

I'm an existentialist and a romanticist. But saying you are an existentialist is really just saying you are entirely defined by your subjective experience and all meaning is derived from that so you might as well call yourself undefined, except in that you acknowledge this term for being so.

Environmentalism and naturalist. Basically as native Americans lived.

So ... no toilet paper and TP means something else?

@Normanbites that's what dry grass and leaves are for.

Existentialist and pragmatist (a la william James).

I don't think I can describe me, I'm pretty unique, I'd have to say humanist if pushed

AdieG Level 4 Mar 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33792
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.