Agnostic.com

9 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't imagine Jesus, Ali and Buddha sitting around a table. Talking about weapons of mass destruction.

I can imagine corporatism tooling religion into mass destruction. Politics, Military and Religion merge together to control and own the World.

Great article. I have always thought of religion as a way to control the masses, before we had a government. I'm thankful that my parents were not religious. It really is a form of brainwashing.

It works and now if you notice. Others are using the same approach to get support for what they want. Like money and power.

Nice. I reject all religions. But let's acknowledge that monotheistic religions are the worst. There's a direct line from belief in a single one "true" God, to the word of God, the enemies or heretics of God, and finally the wars and slaughter of these enemies of God. It's inexorable. Add the Dark Ages, the combining of mono-G religions to empires, the wars between the one true God religions, and it's nothing less than an inevitable result in belief in a single God that is never wrong, that you're either with or against, and of course know exactly what he wants.

I've written before, but if we could add up the deaths in human history due to religions, the wars, the religious oppression and other atrocities, then that figure would pale all others.

Ignorance is the enemy

Ignorance is gaining serious momentum.

@Surfpirate You understand I am talking about religion, right?

@IamNobody Ignorance and religion go hand in hand so yes.

Religion = how to make puppets of people, create wars without ever getting your hands bloodied, dirty, etc, and NEVER having to take the responsibility for your actions.

How to get away with autrocity, slavery, and sexual assault? Invent a religion that wraps these beliefs into its doctrines!

Not a very well written article. Just puerile, rhetoric filled verbiage. Probably aimed at a particular audience. The author purports to have a degree in social political history. I’m sure if this was submitted as a course paper it would have been sent back after the first paragraph!

I value your opinion so will forego reading the article.

Thanks for the review.

@WilliamFleming Very kind Mr Fleming. I try to review what I see rather than the content. If something pertaining to be authoritative is badly written with no justification for its position alarm bells ring!

True. I have no use for religion.

Absolutely right!

No doubt!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:338781
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.