Agnostic.com

13 1

What would you tell your teen self if you could go back?

Rideauxb 7 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Read a shitload of books

There is a time and place for everything, enrich your mind as much as possible in your youth.
As a female who is hard on herself you are way more than you think you are and are going to cringe at how much time you wasted thinking otherwise.
Catholicism is going to wreck your life if you let it, drop it & here is a list of whys.

I'm not sure I could say anything that would be of much value. But he really needed someone to hear him, to deeply listen to him. I would try to do that.

1. It’s okay to be yourself.
  2. It’s okay to be what you are.
  3. Being yourself is not a bad thing.
  4. It’s okay to make mistakes.
  5. It’s okay to be different.
  6. Don’t give in into toxic behavior.
  7. Don’t let people determine the kind of person you are.
  8. Don’t give into anyone’s emotional manipulations.
  9. You don’t have to be a Christian to be a good person.
  10. You don’t have to have religion to live life and to be happy.
  11. It’s okay to be left alone most of the time.
  12. It’s okay not to be a social butterfly.

That’s pretty much about it.

I wonder if my teen self would listen to advice, or have the courage to take it? I'd rather just have a "do over" where i get to keep the knowledge of what I have learned in my life, but go back and do things differently based on that knowledge.

youre doin fine

Don't worry what people think of how you look or act, for the most part they hardly notice that you exist, so just be yourself and enjoy what you are doing.

Make him wear a rubber.

Getting married at a young age is not worth it. Especially if she is a nympho. Do not try to stay for the sake of the children. Take the children and get out.

orion Level 5 Nov 11, 2017

Listen to yourself, if something doesn't in a relationship trust yourself and get out.

orion Level 5 Nov 11, 2017

You're an idiot. Don drink so much. Try to focus on reality. Some day it will all make sense. Well, not all of it.....

Don't get married at a young age. Have children when you're younger than older. Stay in school as long as you can. Always tell your parents and siblings and other family members that you love them. Don't work for assholes, walk away right away, and find a career that you love doing. And like resserts below buy that stock!

Brilliant - loved every word,

Buy stock in Google, Apple, and Tesla.

How depressing lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.