Agnostic.com

11 11

LINK Mueller complained that Barr’s letter did not capture ‘context’ of Trump probe - The Washington Post

Was there ever any doubt?

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions,” Mueller wrote. “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

The letter made a key request: that Barr release the 448-page report’s introductions and executive summaries, and made some initial suggested redactions for doing so, according to Justice Department officials.

jerry99 8 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But none of his supporters will care... "fake news". 😟

I bought the report this morning...cross-Pacific reading...

I would be pissed if I were Mueller...it is like someone taking your work and summarizing it incorrectly. Barr is such a pansy. I just want the truth so we can move on.

It doesn't feel like reality to me. I can't quite connect still.

Sure sounds like perjury.

CNN Politics
‏Sen. Chris Van Hollen: "Did Bob Mueller support your conclusion?"

Attorney General William Barr: "I don't know whether Bob Mueller supported my conclusion" [cnn.it]

Zzzzzzzz

What will it take for Mueller to man up and come out? Two years of abuse and personal attacks, the obvious attempt to scuttle his report, and still he won't call a press conference or demand to appear before Congress, to tell his story. Man up, Mueller! Your country needs you.

It just seems there's one additional layer of deceit after another. Someone who says he is innocent should not always be trying to hide his doings.

During the war the Nazi's would go into towns and kick out or even kill top officials and replace them with puppets willing to do their bidding. In France the patriots not only had the Germans to deal with but their own Vichy government. This tactic is right out of the pages of the dictators playbook and yet too many people continue to fall for it. It is said history does not repeat itself but it sure as hell rhymes.

T is trying the same tactics.

Actually the saying is that history will repeat itself.

@IceManBNice420 I understand that but a recent historian amended it and I agree.

@JackPedigo what was the name of that recent historian?

@IceManBNice420 So you're going to make me do some homework. Unfortunately, I just finished the book "1491" so it might have been in there (it was a library book I just returned). Also, the April issue of the "Smithsonian" was full of historical stories but I recycled that magazine. I also read the "Atlantic" and "National Geographic" and it could have been in any of those. I have a BS in European History from the University of Maryland European Division so I am interested in history. When I heard (it was also on NPR) and read this statement I remembered it but didn't pay attention to the author. The best I could find was this link [quoteinvestigator.com]

Now Barr is also guilty of obstruction of justice. These corrupt moral idiots must be Stopped!!!

I agree

and who is surprised . . . no one lol. Good time to invest in popcorn stock . . its gonna be great

Yep, he used the word "exonerate" which Mueller stated was not the case.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339917
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.