Agnostic.com

47 4

How are you handling your Facebook page?

I appreciate the Fellowship here.

On Facebook, I only indirectly hinted that I didn't believe in mumbo-jumbo -- I didn't want all of my Friends to unFriend me because I posted some of the things there that I've posted here. In other words, I haven't come out of the closet. Have you?

GlyndonD 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not overtly on FB, I haven't; basically because I almost never post anything there except Trump smut (anti-Trump shit), and usually that's re-posting. I used to go on and participate in the commentaries, but we all know what that has turned into. So, now I may go there once or twice/week just to see if any of my favorite people have posted something I ought to be aware of.

I don't sensor myself. And this has costs me a few 'friends', and made me think, "What is a so-called firend in the age of cloud-space connections?" Most of what I do post follows my mood - hostile: trump-dumping, happy: kittens, nutral-art & family...

If you aren't pushing a business or something it might not be a big deal. It likely will lose you at least some followers and make it harder for your posts to be noticed due to the algorithms...

Yes but not in your face about it. Other non believers will recognize a couple of memes in my photo section. I haven't declared my non belief at work but a close look at my truck reveals it. A few people at work know but they aren't the gossiping type.

why do you have a godless truck ? !

@markdevenish My trailer hitch is the darwin fish humping the xtian fish

If your friends unfriend you on account of your beliefs / lack of....they are not your friends.

BTW, there are several Atheist groups in FB.

Anyone who actually reads my posts, and has half a brain knows I am an atheist, and I abhor religion.

Most people don't grasp that because they can't conceive of the notion that not believing is even possible.

JimG Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

I had a sticker that said "in the beginning man created god" Only my grandchildren who very young caught it.

I only have friends on there, that I also know from real life. I make no bones about hiding where my stance is . I only befriend minds open enough to handle differences comfortably .

I have a page that's all about agnostic and atheist memes. My personal page doesn't really show one way or another. Though when asked I do respond truthfully.

I've gained and lost so many friends over the years purely because they found out I didn't believe the same crap they do. I actually quit Facebook at the beginning of this year. It was becoming too toxic and the opinions I was expressing was starting to get me bans. So I decided that if I couldn't express myself unabridged and uncensored, then there was no need to stay. But I've never his the fact I don't believe. I don't necessarily broadcast it either, but if the subject comes up and I'm asked, I don't hesitate to let them know I don't buy a word.

woh ! what were you expressing? sounds dire

I don't get into religion on Facebook.

I don't Facebook enough to make an issue about it but if you know me, you know I don't believe. If you unfriend me because I don't believe, you have just done me a favor.

I say what I feel on my facebook page and always share this site on it and from it.

I'm a member of the Facebook group Atheist Against Pseudoscientific Nonsense, and I will occasionally share something from the group to my timeline. I've never explicitly stated my beliefs, and so far nobody I'm aware of has unfriended me. It someone does, good.

i don't discuss things on my page. i mostly just post images

It is MY facebook page and I use it for any purpose that I deem worthy to display to ANYONE and EVERYONE. Love me, hate me, unfriend me, unfollow me, disapprove of me, exalt me, that is YOUR decision to make and I continue on unabated.

I don't hide it but I don't advertise it, either. It is just who I am, and some people see it and some don't. I simply live a good life, post only positive things, and set a good example.

I have very devout Christian friends who, "bless their hearts", accuse me of being "one of the most Christian acting" people they know, and they know that I am definitely not a Christian. It is a frame of reference for them. Positive, kind living with integrity is seen as "Christ-like". I just roll with it. Maybe my example will encourage some inellectualism.

Yup. Loudly, and often.

I doubt my family reads my posts, or would care if they did. I already defriended most of my childhood Christian friends, and the one's left never post anything so I assume they have "unfollowed" me to avoid my snarky political comments, and links to negative Trump coverage..

I don't talk about my non -religious stance in any way on facebook - I have got 'here', Safe space.

I never was in the closet about being an atheist so I don't sugar coat anything on my Facebook in doing so I lost alot of people who would be friends but weren't aware I wasn't a theist. At the same time oh well it shows who your true friends are. Oddly enough my best friend is a die hard Evangelical and one of the leaders of his church. Luckily he gave up years ago trying to convert me!

Roman Level 5 Mar 8, 2018

I have two accounts, one for business and a personal one. I'm completely out on my personal one, but won't come out on my business one.

I did cuz I had to put up with their religious b.s. I am off fb now, caused a argument between my brother and a friend. I just can't take all the b.s. on it anymore.

I was never really in there.
People always (and still do) assume that I'm an atheist. I let them think whatever they want to. Just as long as they don't bother me with their nonsense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.