Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Blithering Idiots Express Fear That Putin Will Rig 2020 Election For Trump

"So the narrative in mainstream liberal circles today is that Putin is going to interfere in the 2020 elections, and, because that interference will surely advantage Trump, there will be no resistance to that interference.

Only blithering idiots believe this narrative.

To begin with, the public has still seen not one single shred of evidence that Russians interfered in the 2016 election in any meaningful way, and, in a post-Iraq invasion world, only idiots believe on faith the unsubstantiated claims made by government agencies about rival governments. We’ve seen the Mueller report cited as “evidence” of this interference, but the Mueller report contains nothing but assertions, and assertions are not evidence. People have tried to argue with me that Mueller would never make assertions about Russian interference without having seen copious amounts of hard, verifiable evidence, but that is exactly what Mueller did with WMDs as FBI Director in February 2003. Daniel Lazare for Consortium News documents that there are in fact some major plot holes in Mueller’s timeline, making it entirely possible that a bogus narrative is being advanced."

[medium.com]

WilliamCharles 8 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow Republican spin doctors are hard at work this time they have Russian trolls working already look at evidence.t . Ken Star and Republicans pulled out all the stops on Clinton both times in and her now turning a blind eye for trump wanting the report hidden. Get the report unedited read it they have to subpoena Mueller to get the facts . That is unprecedented remember Mitchell history repeats itself . Trump meets in private with Putin only Putin's translator never happened before inhibiting stronger protection for election protection from hacking . Look at facts first before spouting Bullshit.

I have no doubt Trump is corrupt AF and o struction of justice was committed. But that is not the same thing as the Russians stole the election from Hillary. The histrionics over what has not been established is troubling.

@WilliamCharles didn't steal but definitely helped disturbing part is inhibiting stronger protection for next election Russian hackers will have learned how to be better

Evidence does exist about Russian interference... They, at a minimum, used the internet... That has been proven already...

Used the internet to offer some comically bad memes making a few impressions dwarfed by the daily traffic on social media.

I'm more concerned with dark money and AIPAC's impact.

@WilliamCharles OK so you are basically ignoring some evidence and minimizing other evidence... All with the intention of supporting a very vile president... Please wake up... Trump is a criminal...

@Aryn I predict willy won't respond to the evidence you provide here...

@Cutiebeauty

Later. In church at the mo. (you'll lose that bet)

Russia if your listening

Hillary put the call out for China to hack Trump's tax records. Seriously (was she serious? Does that matter?)

@WilliamCharles you know the answer and if by chance you do not you know where to go

@Tooreen

A joke by you, Hillary, or both? Was Trump joking? Did Russia take him seriously and act on it, in your opinion? Might China?

@Aryn

Trump wasn't joking about Wikileaks. He's a goddamn liar and his bullshit stories change like the wind.

He's always been a coward and someone probably told him throwing Assange under the bus would be a smart move for him.

@WilliamCharles I reject your arguments and the premise you base them on. DOJ guidlines say you cannot charge someone that you cannot indict. Mueller felt he could not indict a sitting prez. He therefore released his report neither exonorating or indicting Trump. Barr took the same guidlines but said "i can only make one ruling" in effect he could not indict so therefore made the opposite choice ,his only choice.
Congress has no such restrictions and are therefore free to impeach. They should investigate muellers findings and if they find collusion or obstruction then they are duty bound to impeach.

@Tooreen

What premise? I have no problem with further inestigation and impeachment, and actually encourage Congress to do so with Trump. He's committed/committing crimes in office.

What I reject based on lack of evidence so far is Russiagate (the notion that Russian interference swayed an election and that Trump meaningfully enabled them to do so).

Russiagate - noun

1. the government of Russia and/or their assets such as any entities working with or for them hacked our election system (electronic voting machines, voter databases, etc.) to change votes or to scrub the voter rolls of legitimate voters, in order to change the outcome of the US presidential election. This is the worst case scenario and is often implied by the media in their relentless and alarmist coverage. Also often implied in this as well is that Donald Trump took an active role in assisting in these efforts and/or covering up that it took place or was even attempted.

2. the government of Russia and/or their assets such as any entities working with or for them did conspire to sow discord with the American public in online social media outlets in the form of false stories, polls, political groups, and devisive memes, posts, comments, and replies. This included, agents of Russia, trolls and troll farms, AI bots, fellow travellors, and "useful idiots." The budget of such activities was able compete in cyberspace against other massive campaign war chests, and create a substational number of impressions through their original placement, shares, retweets, etc., and media coverage of same.

Allegations are made that Donald Trump took an active role in assisting in these efforts and/or covering up that it took place.

1. to be continued...
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:341593
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.