Agnostic.com

56 2

What are your deal breakers? Not like the major ones (dishonest, unfaithful, self obsessed, abusive) but like little deal breakers

LadyAlyxandrea 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The only 2 dealbreakers for me are fanatical religious and fanatical Republicans

Someone who uses "all inclusive" phrasing and defends such phrases as "truth". Phrases like, "all christians, muslims etc are..", "all men/women are...", "all white people are responsible for the genocide of my people (my people are indigenous North Americans) ". These type of phrases are divisive and nonsensical. I cannot have a decent conversation with folks like this and conversation is an ESSENTIAL ingredient in any relationship that I participate in.

Bad teeth, I once had a friend who was so lovely but I couldn't get past the bad teeth 😟

I have a couple, that are pretty big for me: Listens to country music... likes Ayn Rand... Is into pseudo science... And how they treat customer service people.

Monogamists, Consumer fetishists, Career mindedness, Timidity, Spinelessness.

If she smokes, no way

I don't roll that way. I know a deal breaker when I see it, in vivo, and not before. Everything's situational. Everything depends. Due process reigns supreme.

I have loads, I guess, superficial people tops the list

AdieG Level 4 Mar 8, 2018

Racism. Extreme leftist or extreme rightist. Religious. Non-affectionate. Non-communicative. Couch potato. Television junkie. Smoker. Heavy drinker. Drug user. Dishonest. Evasive.

Must have sense of humor and be difficult to offend!

Ok I’m going to omit the obvious racist, homophobic, even differences in politics. My pet peeves are jealousy, airhead, push overs, always want to argue and devoutly religious. And she must demand a clean house. I can’t date or be with a messy woman. Because I’m messy and I need a woman the will keep my ass straight about keeping a clean house. Lol

Unable to be sensitive or sensible or to discuss a problem

Ok. Am only listing piddly, semi-nit-picky things right? Bad hygiene, smoker, talks during movies, doesn't like cats, likes gory/slasher/horror movies, too femmie (or too butch) , funny sounding voice, doesn't like to exercise, bad diet, too many piercings or tats. Could come up with more but, as annoying as many are, with some work could PROBABLY get over most of these.

Hard core conservatives who are sexist, racist, classist, etc. Arrogant and intrusive. Quick to find fault and slow to praise. Power trippers. Those who are patronizing and condescending.

SKH78 Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

For me they are all big deal breakers,

Someone who is not considerate...it has moved to the top of my list

lerlo Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

My primary deal breaker is dishonesty. If you lie to me, we're finished.

I've forgiven in the past, and always, always got burned worse for trusting them again.

JimG Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

Snoring. That alone can end a relationship.

Obvious deal breakers include being a Trump supporter, or in this day and age even a Republican, and possibly even an establishment Democrat. Obviously being religious is a deal breaker. Their would have to be a physical attraction... They would have to accept me and my numerous quirks.. and my arrangement with my kids.... But luckily there are some strong positives to being single.

Bad teeth, misalignment of values, lack of interpersonal chemistry

The self absorbed, the humorless, and the overly sincere. That goes for any friends or lovers.

Trump lover, gun lover, poor hygiene

Smoking (which is a big one and yet...).

I thought I'd never say this, but it turns out moving too fast is a deal breaker (not allowing the relationship to naturally gestate into a loving physical one... and... my history is a FAST one so I am NOT one to talk... this includes my wife with whom I had a 23 year relationship 18 of which were married, so, I'm the first one to say that being fast is not necessarily fatal... but, I KNEW in her case and... when not sure, go slow and let the fermentation work it's magic is the way I'll end this overlong 'splanation).

Honest... not as in lying, but as in NOT knowing yourself well enough to be honest with yourself and thus KNOW you are being honest in your relationship. I am getting perspective in this working with a student who isn't lying so much as simply doesn't know himself well enough to articulate what he is feeling, who he is, and thus is hampering our ability to help him. It's ok to struggle with these concepts, so long as you are honest (with yourself) enough to be able to say "you know, I don't know." 🙂 Trust me... there are still some "I don't knows" on my shelf, but I know that they are there, and I pull them down and ponder them on occasion (dusting them and the shelf while there).

GREAT question!

Little white lies that start on day one and pile up like garbage until I can't remember which story I'm supposed to believe anymore. And they sit there like everything is fine.

Right-winger and Trump minions. Fanat

Teddi Level 2 Mar 9, 2018

Right-winger and Trump minions. Fanatical Religious. SMOKER, if the person treats others poorly and if the person doesn't like animals

Teddi Level 2 Mar 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.