Agnostic.com

15 3

What is your average monthly budget/expenditures for food? Be it grocery and/or prepared foods.

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Roughly $180.00

I spend a fortune but always have a full freezer and pantry,

**all i know is that on holidays when the kids, and grandkids come, my grocery bill sky rockests!

in aussie dollars 200 a month. vegetarian organic food only.

I don't really count but I eat lots of the same things and I know when to replace them. Shopping is done from a list. My "budget" is just something that I know, but I eat and drink what I like. At Aldi recently I pissed off the checkout. He told me everything is on his phone and he doesn't need a receipt like I do because of that. I begged to differ. He might see what he spent instantly but I use my home computer and online banking to know EXACTLY how much money I have at all times. I know this once a day. What pissed him off was that I told him he doesn't know that for himself. All he sees is what he spent. I work from 3 accounts and hold myself to a mandatory daily balance in one of them. My banking is like a pea underneath one of 3 shells and to make things work I often have to borrow money from myself. It all depends on which of the 3 shells that pea is under at the time. It's a lovely game.

Probably $150-$175 A month per person. Teenagers are expensive to feed yo!!

The food is the cheap part🙂

@Leutrelle Truth!!

My mental illness facility provides 3 meals a day. I buy my own snacks and drinks every week or two. Between $20-30 each grocery trip to Wal-Mart.

I never counted actually...I just buy what ever I want.

Harder to answer than I thought, our grocery bill includes pet food, and things like detergent, and such. That said, 2 adults full time, another 4-5 on weekends, cat and dog, including everything, everage is AUD $120pw so say $500 pm. Does not include home grown or barter. Per person food only purchased, $150? pm.

About $150/month. $50 in groceries every two weeks, and another $50 for the few times I go out to eat.

I am a pescatarian/vegan and buy mostly organic. We have a local co-op and several on the mainland. Being on an island most things have to be brought in by boat so prices are higher. This is an agricultural area but the farmers need a living wage so prices are also higher. My allotment runs $250 + - (summers it's less because I grow some things - I just harvested 6.5 lbs of yukon Gold pots. so some of the garden can even spill over into the other seasons).

It helps to keep one's pantry and freezer as fully stocked as possible. It allows one to avoid shopping for a lot of stuff out of need and, instead, one can shop for value. Monthly, the average is around $250, and much of that is milk, butter, and other basic staple items. There are currently 6 loaves of bread in the freezer and one in use. When it's on sale I buy a shitload of it and freeze it. Same with meats, fish, and some frozen vegetables -- especially this time of year when fresh, locally-grown produce is hard to come by.

Thats I roll. I put beer in the entertainment column of the ledger🙂

I'm quite thrifty, £30-£35 a week, but there's only me to feed

AdieG Level 4 Mar 8, 2018

It varies greatly. In a frugal month (not by design, they just happen occasionally) the two of us get by on around $450 to $500. Then there are those blowout months when it can exceed $850. I don't know why. We just get carried away with high ticket stuff once in a while.

1000 cnadian [ about 750 u s ]

Wow, is it expensive there? Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.