Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Joe Biden wants us to forget his past. We won't | Adolph L Reed Jr and Cornel West | Opinion | The Guardian

"In addition to Biden’s disturbing record on domestic policy, he has been a consistent warmonger. He has supported every military intervention he’s been able to, including, most disastrously voting for the 2002 resolution authorizing war against Iraq and ushering the country into the endless war against “terror” we remain immersed in.

As times have changed, Biden has expressed retrospective misgivings about some of those earlier actions and stances. For example, he very recently attempted to offer an apology of sorts, more like an unpology, to Anita Hill, which she quite understandably rejected. And he remains a pure, dyed-in-the-wool neoliberal, as much as ever a tool of Wall Street and corporations. We deserve better than a candidate who wants us to look past his record and focus only on the image he wants to project and, when that tack fails, can offer progressives only a “my bad”"

WilliamCharles 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Will we forget Trump's past? I would like to be able to forget his present.

I cannot stand Trump and largely blame the DNC and Team Hillary for not being able to beat their own Pied Piper. The Dems should have done something about GOP voter suppression as well prior to the election. My guess is they worried it might have put their own election shenanigans in the spotlight, and felt certain that Hillary was a shoe-in.

The DCCC has shown quite clearly they'd rather lose with a centrist than win with a progressive. Even though Biden was able to gain the vice-presidency on Obama's coattails, he's damaged goods. He had his chance, but that ship has sailed.

The notion of having a nominee slightly less objectionable than Trump seems like a prescription for disaster. I held my nose to vote for him on the Obama ticket even without the Creepy Uncle Joe part. A "hold your nose" Democratic candidate would likely give Dolt 45 a 2nd term. And nobody sane wants that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:342665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.